Main Menu

New tool additions

Started by Cudajason, August 30, 2017, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

I was fortunate enough to be offered some tools from my mother inlaw's cousin. Her husband recently passed away. They ran a garage together for 40 plus years, but retirerd 20 years ago.

I loved meeting her, and was more then happy to have anything she offered.

Admitedly there was not much left, but some interesting things.

Here are few pics of my favorite things.

First pic is severl vintage Canadian Tire socket sets. All three are complete, with the exception of the nut driver for the large set.

The second is a cool vintage nut and bolt tray and mopar ball joint sockets!

Not pictured a Mastercraft sawsall, a decent flaring tool, and some other odds and ends.

The real value was the stories the lovely old lady told as she looked through the tools and we visited with her.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

I love tools, those BJ sockets are a nice score.
Sheldon

Brads70

I have my Grandfathers wooden tool box and tools. He was a toolmaker . Most of it is worn out for really precise work, but every once in awhile I'll need something and find it in Grandpa's tool box. It's a great memory of him for me. He would have been proud!  :D 

J-Code Jeni

I bet it made her very happy to visit with you and for these treasures to stay in your family.

cuda hunter

It's sure hard to have too many tools.  Great score on the tools and the memories. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

Sounds like a nice exchange for all concerned Jas! I bet the man'd be happy to know that someone who knows what they're actually used for, has now got those tools and I'm happy, because now I know someone with those BJ sockets! Like others have said, it's nice to have old family tools and I've got my Dad's whole tool box and some of my great-grandfather's tools as well. Enjoy!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"