Main Menu

No St Paddy party here

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, March 16, 2020, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

All bars and restaurants are closed as of 2:01 AM. There are places with tents and stages set up an everything. Glad I'm not in the hospitality industry

Brads70

Bummer, I'm guessing small house parties might be a thing?  Lots of people/industries are going to be hurt by this , its going to be a long long list...... :('

BIGSHCLUNK

Agreed! And that list is getting longer.

RUNCHARGER

Gotta find other ways to celebrate!
Sheldon

blown motor

My daughter has set up an "online pint party" for the family to celebrate St Patrick's day this evening. Right now we have 15 "going" from many places in Canada and the US. Should be fun.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Murray you need this t shirt!  :D

Brads70

And then there is the Scottish!  :)

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on March 17, 2020, 03:32:29 AM
Bummer,  Lots of people/industries are going to be hurt by this , its going to be a long long list...... :('

On the news last night they interviewed an Irish pub owner in Toronto....He said that their St Patrick day celebrations is what carries them through the Spring well into Summer. With the recent restrictions put in place because of Covid-19 he can NOT have anybody in his bar today and moving forward he has to restrict his business to take-out or food deliver only.

He went on to claim that because of his rent, heat, hydro etc.... He figured he would be out of business in just over three weeks :o and apparently he's not the only small business in Toronto falling under the same outlook..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

I wonder if green food coloring will be sold out in stores.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

BIGSHCLUNK

We have lots of "irish" pubs around here. I know all the corned beef and such has already been purchased. Some places rent tents to handle bigger crowds. No question people here like to  :cheers:  :drinkingbud:  what the hell are you going to do with all that food? But I can easily see, many will be out of business by tax time (April 15). This will have a global economic reach. Less people driving/on the road, less for my industry just a short way down the line. I take a certain freeway ramp to the shop every day. There is always a long line. So far this week NO LINE, cruzed right thru. 

gzig5

I think we should have a St.Patrick's Day V2 once all this blows over.  Use up the corned beef and cabbage that is waiting around and get the pubs the business they missed. 

In the meantime I suggest getting a good supply of your favorite brew, get comfortable, turn on the news, and chug every time they say "Corona virus".  That should make you forget missing St. Pat's.  :cheers:

Spikedog08

I was told that most of the food is frozen and will be returned to the warehouse and sold at a later time . . but the revenue that is generated is lost . . . most of the Irish Pubs DO depend on this holiday to pay the bills . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

kawahonda

Practicing social distancing.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel