Main Menu

No time for the Challenger

Started by Timbbuc2, October 20, 2018, 07:40:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Come Monday I have to leave for Shrilanka for 3 weeks, then to China for 3 weeks and then to Indonesia for 3 weeks. I return the end of December  for Christmas  and then continue working on my car.  It is tough trying to get her running, but work comes first.
Get in, I'll drive

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Road trip !!
wow gone 9 weeks , Safe travels !

dodj

Can i ask what line of work sends you on such a tour?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Challenger in NC

Tim,  have a good trip and get home safely.

340challconvert

That is a lot of traveling!
I used to travel 100 miles a day and hated it!
Be Safe!
:wave:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey Tim.  It is time you slowed down some.. Textiles are a strange thing anyway. Making, converting, etc..  Hope you have a safe trip.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: dodj on October 20, 2018, 08:37:44 PM
I thought you retired?
Yes me too, I work in textiles, seems like us old guys are a demand
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on October 21, 2018, 10:19:41 AM
Hey Tim.  It is time you slowed down some.. Textiles are a strange thing anyway. Making, converting, etc..  Hope you have a safe trip.
I thought that too, I am to eevaluate  the other plants set up, seems like the group like the one I set up in Honduras
Get in, I'll drive

70/6chall

I too traveled a distance everyday to work, I can empathize with you all. I worked in a large Postal Process Center in the late 70's early 80's in Pasadena Ca. My wife and I lived in an apt. In the early days, and thought of buying a house (expensive in LA area then also ). So we moved 55 miles south to Riverside Ca. ( where we're at now) to buy a house. I transferred to San Bernardino Ca. which is 22 miles one way from home, but not after taking 7 years to be accepted in that office. So after a 110 mile round trip everyday, in stop and go LA traffic in my poor '70 Slant6 Challenger, 3 speed. This prompted me after 2 years, to have the Dodge changed out to an Auto. (904). No more shifting up and Shifting down, clutch in clutch out constantly. Best move I ever made, it is still an automatic. After 42 years the Dodge and I are finally retired. Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 70/6chall on October 21, 2018, 01:26:41 PM
I too traveled a distance everyday to work, I can empathize with you all. I worked in a large Postal Process Center in the late 70's early 80's in Pasadena Ca. My wife and I lived in an apt. In the early days, and thought of buying a house (expensive in LA area then also ). So we moved 55 miles south to Riverside Ca. ( where we're at now) to buy a house. I transferred to San Bernardino Ca. which is 22 miles one way from home, but not after taking 7 years to be accepted in that office. So after a 110 mile round trip everyday, in stop and go LA traffic in my poor '70 Slant6 Challenger, 3 speed. This prompted me after 2 years, to have the Dodge changed out to an Auto. (904). No more shifting up and Shifting down, clutch in clutch out constantly. Best move I ever made, it is still an automatic. After 42 years the Dodge and I are finally retired. Thanks,   Al

The drive from Pasadena to Riverside was a long one back in the 70's & 80's but I took that drive last year & the traffic has made it virtually unbearable...

Timbbuc2

Well while visiting a plant in Indonesia, I came across this emergency exit door. It was locked with a sign saying to break the glass in case of emergency. Now come on, 30 people are escaping the fire through a narrow door just to cut up all to heck. BUT I guess the thinking your still alive comes into play.
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

Timbbuc2

What a trip, finished with Shrilanka and Indonesia. I had to go through Hong Kong to get to China. Visa and all that good stuff. Took a ferry to China, once I get here hardly any apps would work. China has strict rules regarding the internet and what you can connect to. What's app, No, e-bodies.org No, Google not happening. And many others. BUT my son being a IT guy hooked me up with a VPN and now back online.
I am in China until the 19th then go back to Shrilanka for one night to catch a plane to Atlanta.
Sure be glad to get home, then I will have 2 weeks for my car. Family is having a "Crank it up Christmas" old girl going to get cranked , first time in over 20 years.

Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

Glad you are doing well !
My friend was just in China & told me all about the lack of Google etc