Main Menu

Part Store workers

Started by Racer57, April 20, 2022, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

First few times I would get irritated. Now I know what to expect and almost find it comical. I'd bet that everyone of you has done the same thing.  :D

Chryco Psycho

The parts store I usd to frequent had 1 Lady who knew her stuff , she could find almost anything !!
When she wasn't there I would just get the catalogs & find what I needed , sometimes the staff would ask me to help other customers & even call me ! I was offered a job by the manager also , turned that down !

Bullitt-

For several years now I've researched online what part number I want & know if they should have it in stock. Still they have to go through the entire process of fifty questions on their system before they know where to look for the item..  ::)
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I spend WAY less time in our local parts stores now that I use Rockauto and even Amazon... :dunno: When Rockauto can beat their prices almost every time, why bother...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blowout

Is it two wheel drive or four wheel drive......... :thinking:

BIGSHCLUNK

I have given more than a few "lesson's" at Orielly/Advance and such over the years. Its almost comical. Granted I use Rock too. But at times my dealer cost beats Rock when the shipping is added.

ZippyZoo

I took my 10" rear brake drums to O'Reillys to be turned.  I knew I was in trouble when the young man ("Asst. Manager") grabbed a 6" caliper and proceeded to measure the wall thickness of the drum. :stop:
Once I showed him where and how to measure them, he stated that he couldn't turn them because "each click" on the machine was (something like) 1/8"!!  ::)

7E-Bodies

I was also offered a job with huge parts discounts at the oreilley in town as they know me and heard I'd just retired. Had to politely refuse.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MurderFish73440

Even if you don't buy the actual part from rock auto they seem to have the best search features. way better than "the part's store software".

CHL2T

Just bought a blower motor from rock for my sons 04 deville, parts store 250 :notsure:, rock 35 :ohyeah:, it was a no brainer