Main Menu

Picture of the day

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 15, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

:bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

js27

A fox family in my back yard.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

:twothumbsup:

js27

A shot I took at the ILSE Of PALMS here in Charleston SC.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

:twothumbsup:

js27

This was a backdrop in the movie"The Patriot"with Mel Gibson. It was set up in Cypress Gardens here in SC and was used in the night shot where they all met up. I believe it was called  The Old Mission on the Pee Dee River in the movie.
JS27

YellowThumper

Drive in to work this morning

Mike.

CudaMoparRay

How's This for Prison Break?

Chryco Psycho

:takepicture:

CudaMoparRay

Morty426

Quote from: YellowThumper on November 21, 2019, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on November 21, 2019, 10:38:48 AM
I sure want to go to those tar pits.
Actually pretty cool to see. Amazing amount of fossils they have recovered. Stinks like tar for some reason...
Funny note. This is in La. I live in neighboring Orange County and live in city of Brea. Always have to explain no not same place.
Almost as much as "no it's a Challenger not a Charger" correction.
@YellowThumper Brea?  The only thing in Brea is a shopping mall for women with ridiculous boob jobs and additional parking for CSU Fullerton  :haha:

Actually is Taps still there?

YellowThumper

Quote from: Morty426 on December 20, 2019, 09:17:02 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on November 21, 2019, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on November 21, 2019, 10:38:48 AM
I sure want to go to those tar pits.
Actually pretty cool to see. Amazing amount of fossils they have recovered. Stinks like tar for some reason...
Funny note. This is in La. I live in neighboring Orange County and live in city of Brea. Always have to explain no not same place.
Almost as much as "no it's a Challenger not a Charger" correction.
@YellowThumper Brea?  The only thing in Brea is a shopping mall for women with ridiculous boob jobs and additional parking for CSU Fullerton  :haha:

Actually is Taps still there?

@Morty426 that is an interesting assessment...
Not an incorrect one. But interesting.
Mall is still going strong enough to where this time of year the traffic will back up onto freeway.
As the town ages most of the "ridiculous boobs" have migrated to Yorba Linda. Size of that town has exploded.

Yes Taps is still there. Ate there 2 days ago as a matter of fact. Bjs and Cheesecake Factory have joined the restaurants that are out to empty the wallets.

As for "only thing" Brea also has one of the country's top ranked girls hs basketball teams. Up until last year when my daughter graduated.
CSUF parking is still atrocious. There is plenty of parking but because of cost, many just fill up the surrounding home areas.
Assume you previously lived around here?
My home is adjacent to the mall.

Mike.

Morty426

Quote from: YellowThumper on December 20, 2019, 09:56:04 AM
that is an interesting assessment...
Not an incorrect one. But interesting.
Mall is still going strong enough to where this time of year the traffic will back up onto freeway.
As the town ages most of the "ridiculous boobs" have migrated to Yorba Linda. Size of that town has exploded.

Yes Taps is still there. Ate there 2 days ago as a matter of fact. Bjs and Cheesecake Factory have joined the restaurants that are out to empty the wallets.

As for "only thing" Brea also has one of the country's top ranked girls hs basketball teams. Up until last year when my daughter graduated.
CSUF parking is still atrocious. There is plenty of parking but because of cost, many just fill up the surrounding home areas.
Assume you previously lived around here?
My home is adjacent to the mall.

@YellowThumper
I pretty much lived at the Marriott from 2004-2008.  Sometimes the Embassy Suites or one of the local hotels.  I was working for Apple and was in charge of bringing up the Foxconn Factory in Fullerton.  It was set up in an old Albertson's warehouse.  I would commute from Sac to John Wayne on Southwest.

BJ's was new at the time and completely packed with CSUF students so it was hard to get seating in the bar or you had to wait for a table.  I never cared much for the Cheesecake Factory.  I much more preferred Claim Jumper or Outback.  In the end I could be found eating at the bar at Claim Jumper.  Killed many a Long Island there - Apple was paying. 

Taps was reserved for lunch with visitors.  When Apple folks wanted to visit the factory that is where we took them for lunch.  Fantastic food. 

Sadly Apple made me move the factory to DFW which was a huge mistake but no one wants to listen to the Engineer at the factory.