Picture of the day

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 15, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: Morty426 on December 20, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on December 20, 2019, 09:56:04 AM
that is an interesting assessment...
Not an incorrect one. But interesting.
Mall is still going strong enough to where this time of year the traffic will back up onto freeway.
As the town ages most of the "ridiculous boobs" have migrated to Yorba Linda. Size of that town has exploded.

Yes Taps is still there. Ate there 2 days ago as a matter of fact. Bjs and Cheesecake Factory have joined the restaurants that are out to empty the wallets.

As for "only thing" Brea also has one of the country's top ranked girls hs basketball teams. Up until last year when my daughter graduated.
CSUF parking is still atrocious. There is plenty of parking but because of cost, many just fill up the surrounding home areas.
Assume you previously lived around here?
My home is adjacent to the mall.

@YellowThumper
I pretty much lived at the Marriott from 2004-2008.  Sometimes the Embassy Suites or one of the local hotels.  I was working for Apple and was in charge of bringing up the Foxconn Factory in Fullerton.  It was set up in an old Albertson's warehouse.  I would commute from Sac to John Wayne on Southwest.

BJ's was new at the time and completely packed with CSUF students so it was hard to get seating in the bar or you had to wait for a table.  I never cared much for the Cheesecake Factory.  I much more preferred Claim Jumper or Outback.  In the end I could be found eating at the bar at Claim Jumper.  Killed many a Long Island there - Apple was paying. 

Taps was reserved for lunch with visitors.  When Apple folks wanted to visit the factory that is where we took them for lunch.  Fantastic food. 

Sadly Apple made me move the factory to DFW which was a huge mistake but no one wants to listen to the Engineer at the factory.

Foxconn, Claim Jumper, Outback are all gone.
Warehouse is no longer Albertsons. But has greatly expanded for logistics transportation hub.
I once applied to work at Foxconn as I am a moldmaker by trade. Been my hometown for 24 years now.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Morty426

Quote from: YellowThumper on December 20, 2019, 11:21:40 AM
Quote from: Morty426 on December 20, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on December 20, 2019, 09:56:04 AM
that is an interesting assessment...
Not an incorrect one. But interesting.
Mall is still going strong enough to where this time of year the traffic will back up onto freeway.
As the town ages most of the "ridiculous boobs" have migrated to Yorba Linda. Size of that town has exploded.

Yes Taps is still there. Ate there 2 days ago as a matter of fact. Bjs and Cheesecake Factory have joined the restaurants that are out to empty the wallets.

As for "only thing" Brea also has one of the country's top ranked girls hs basketball teams. Up until last year when my daughter graduated.
CSUF parking is still atrocious. There is plenty of parking but because of cost, many just fill up the surrounding home areas.
Assume you previously lived around here?
My home is adjacent to the mall.

@YellowThumper
I pretty much lived at the Marriott from 2004-2008.  Sometimes the Embassy Suites or one of the local hotels.  I was working for Apple and was in charge of bringing up the Foxconn Factory in Fullerton.  It was set up in an old Albertson's warehouse.  I would commute from Sac to John Wayne on Southwest.

BJ's was new at the time and completely packed with CSUF students so it was hard to get seating in the bar or you had to wait for a table.  I never cared much for the Cheesecake Factory.  I much more preferred Claim Jumper or Outback.  In the end I could be found eating at the bar at Claim Jumper.  Killed many a Long Island there - Apple was paying. 

Taps was reserved for lunch with visitors.  When Apple folks wanted to visit the factory that is where we took them for lunch.  Fantastic food. 

Sadly Apple made me move the factory to DFW which was a huge mistake but no one wants to listen to the Engineer at the factory.

Foxconn, Claim Jumper, Outback are all gone.
Warehouse is no longer Albertsons. But has greatly expanded for logistics transportation hub.
I once applied to work at Foxconn as I am a moldmaker by trade. Been my hometown for 24 years now.

This building did not say Foxconn on it, it said Q-Run.  It was a Foxconn computer assembly operation that used to supply Compaq.  It was across the street, but a little back towards Brea, from Home Depot. 

Sorry to hear that Claim Jumper is gone  :bye:

YellowThumper

Back on track with a pic from my kid in Hawaii this week.

Mike.

340challconvert

Family visited an aquarium last summer in Point Pleasant, NJ; one of our shore towns. This guy looked hungry!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Topcat

A face only a Mother could Love

YellowThumper

Quote from: Topcat on January 15, 2020, 07:36:59 PM
A face only a Mother could Love

Wow that one is nasty looking.

Here is something more pleasant instead.

Mike.

redgum78

You may have heard about the bush fires in Australia. Numbers vary but at least 40,000,000 acres have burnt nation wide and we are only half way through the season. In Easten Victoria where I live almost 3,000,000 acres have burnt.

The picture is of a fire generated column that caused a lot of damage in Easten Victoria.

Morty426

Quote from: redgum78 on January 16, 2020, 02:13:20 AM
You may have heard about the bush fires in Australia. Numbers vary but at least 40,000,000 acres have burnt nation wide and we are only half way through the season. In Easten Victoria where I live almost 3,000,000 acres have burnt.

The picture is of a fire generated column that caused a lot of damage in Easten Victoria.

It's big news here in the States. 

I'm glad we were able to send some Fire Fighters to try help. 

Australia will have a long road to recovery after this.  We are all pulling for you guys

YellowThumper

Quote from: Morty426 on January 16, 2020, 09:50:48 AM

Australia will have a long road to recovery after this.  We are all pulling for you guys

It sure is big and terrible news for sure.
Pic (but not content) is awsome though. 

Mike.

redgum78

Thanks Morty, Australia will push on and recovery in time. The support from around the world is much appreciated. We thank you for the fire fighters and aid that the USA as sent.

redgum78

Quote from: YellowThumper on January 16, 2020, 01:14:18 PM

It sure is big and terrible news for sure.
Pic (but not content) is awsome though.

I agree, as devastating as it is I love this picture. At first glance it is easy to miss the size of it until you look closely at the ground to get a gauge of the scale. 

YellowThumper

Hmmmm! Wondering what my next Mopar purchase will be?

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Mike.

Chryco Psycho