Main Menu

Police Challenger?

Started by ec_co, September 21, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

saw this today coming out of one the Police Training centers. not sure if it's a real Police Challenger or one that someone put together. saw an undercover black Mustang the other day pulling someone over. they are getting some good toys to play with in the area I work

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JH27N0B

I've seen some dressed up police car Challengers on display.  I got the impression they might have been cars confiscated from drug dealers and such that they dressed up to display.  I've seen a few police car dressed up Corvettes like that too.

MEK-Dangerous

Have you ever watched "Live PD" on A&E on Friday and Saturday nights? There are Challenger's used as Police cars, but I don't understand why. If the Police officer arrested someone, they would have to call for another vehicle to take the person to jail.

RUNCHARGER

Charger makes more sense with the 4 doors and they look better as a police car too.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on September 22, 2018, 11:19:23 AM
Have you ever watched "Live PD" on A&E on Friday and Saturday nights? There are Challenger's used as Police cars, but I don't understand why. If the Police officer arrested someone, they would have to call for another vehicle to take the person to jail.
You don't understand why? I'd've thought it was because they COULD! Wouldn't you rather drive a Challenger as fast as you wanted to and have a badge and gun to make sure you didn't have any troubles because of it? I sure as hell would!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Back in 73 or so I was pumping gas and I got to know one of the Highway cops that ran a Plymouth Interceptor. He said there were times he would just flick on the lights and run it all out.
Sheldon

JpRngr

Quote from: ec_co on September 21, 2018, 08:46:28 PM
saw this today coming out of one the Police Training centers. not sure if it's a real Police Challenger or one that someone put together. saw an undercover black Mustang the other day pulling someone over. they are getting some good toys to play with in the area I work

So, do you work by ACC? I'm over by SW Plaza.

Corey

Solarguy

Our sheriff's office has challengers and chargers.  Makes ya want to join the force.  They also have blacked out challengers with ghost lettering like the charger that look mean

303 Mopar

This guy found out the hard way....

anlauto

If that's not entrapment I don't know what is... :stop:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Totally, I would fight that one.
Sheldon

ec_co

Quote from: Solarguy on September 23, 2018, 06:23:27 AM
Our sheriff's office has challengers and chargers.  Makes ya want to join the force.  They also have blacked out challengers with ghost lettering like the charger that look mean

at some point that Challenger will be going to auction and that one looks like a true factory optioned police model, they are quite rare. I want one :)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came