Main Menu

Private tour...

Started by Burdar, June 23, 2019, 08:22:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

So it turns out that I have a second cousin who owns one of the largest Chevrolet convertible collections in the US. Some of my family and I were given a private tour this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

6bblgt

that ZL1 looks familiar  8) is it a 4-speed?

BIGSHCLUNK

Impressive collection, even if only in signs. Nice  :yes:

CudaMoparRay

Very fortunate indeed to have such a relationship :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!   :bravo:   :veryexcited:   :worship:  That's incredible.

nsmall

Wow.  Loving cars is in your DNA Darren. 

Brads70

Wow what a collection!  :bradsthumb:

mopar thunder

:veryexcited: Wow, that is an impressive collection. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 23, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

I think I've seen that car before  :pokeeye:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

How do you just find that out now ? Impressive collection for sure...if you like Chevs. ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 24, 2019, 04:29:25 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on June 23, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

I think I've seen that car before  :pokeeye:

I think we are both wrong  :drinkingbud: I think it is #23/69 top picture & not #18/69 bottom picture

Plumcrazy72

wow thats something else. All kinds of nice going on there....... for chevs i guess
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

Burdar

Quotethat ZL1 looks familiar  8) is it a 4-speed?

Honestly, I didn't look.  There was a white one right next to it.  On the floor, in between the two, was filled with the glass pump globes.  A fuel injected Corvette was close to the other side.  It was #23 though.  Not sure about the white one.  It had Rallye wheels on it...not the dog dish caps.(don't know if all the COPOs came with the same wheels or not)

QuoteHow do you just find that out now ?

My mom just reconnected with that part of the family on Facebook.  Yesterday was their family reunion and we were invited to see the collection after the reunion was over.  My grandmother and his grandmother were sisters.  He was not there himself.  Another cousin showed us around.  After we saw the collection, we toured the private golf course and looked at all the multi-million dollar houses surrounding it.  :wowzers:  It was the perfect day weather wise.  Overcast with a light breeze.

72 Challenger

I am not a Chevy guy but I can appreciate someone who has the passion to create a collection (shrine?) dedicated to the car manufacturer they like most. That looks like a sweet facility. We would all do this with Mopars!
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

Darn...there's that Facebook thing again....I must be really missing out.... Glad your Mom found more family, that's always awesome :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration