Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

Quote from: torredcuda on April 04, 2020, 11:22:46 AM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on April 03, 2020, 04:24:03 PM
To answer the original question: Quarantine or not?

Quarantine   :vipermanhiding:  :deadhorse:

but for how long? They are finding certain drugs to help but vaccine could be 12-18 months away.

Quarantine (stay at home) = no brainer
1) Italy
2) Spain
3) New York
4) China - hard time convincing me only 3200 died

I expect we are on stay at home orders (NY, FL, IL, MI, TX, etc) until mid May.

Prediction:  Mid May they start reducing the restrictions.  Just like when they went to lock down, first no groups over 1000, then no groups over 500, then no groups over 10.  I expect the same process will be followed in reverse.

Next: They are preparing for the next mass behavior change.  Everyone in public wearing a mask.

I am hopeful we are back to some sense of normalcy by July 1.  Baseball season July 1 start-up if we are lucky.

In the meantime, the people in my thoughts are the sick, health care workers, police/fireman and everyone else required to serve the public.  The real hero's in this thing, while I am forced to stay home work, watch TV, eat and drink - waiting it out.  My deal is not so bad.

At a minimum we owe it to them to stay home.   

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

On a positive note we are making sheet metal parts for a customer involved with making ventilators so at least I feel a little better about having to go into work.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

UPRISING coming....Ontario is keeping the liquor/beer stores open but closing all the new legal pot shops  :looney: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

This seems to have you upset Alan. Is there something we don't know about you?  :pokeeye:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: torredcuda on April 04, 2020, 04:14:37 PM
On a positive note we are making sheet metal parts for a customer involved with making ventilators so at least I feel a little better about having to go into work.
Where I work also. Medical engineering and product firm. We have many new and massively ramped up projects specifically for Covid-19 treatments.
Isolated and working from home but extremely busy time for me now.
Not a compaint...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

js27

As of today our state has 44 deaths in the last 3 months from this virus. We have more deaths per day from Traffic Accidents. We are not on a full lock down like some other states. Hell I was at Lowe's twice yesterday for a landscaping project I am doing at home and it was packed. People who are off work are using this time to do their home projects that they never get time to do when they are working. I think it is a state by states decision. Certain states have way more cases then we do and they chose lock down-SC not so much-Schools are closed and restaurants and all public activities are closed. I am still working and have to admit I LOVE the traffic that is NOT on the roads now. My 30 mile compute normally takes 60 to 90 minutes to get home and now I am home in 22 minutes. If there is a plus to this virus then this is it. I have to say NO to quarantine but as I said it differs from state to state.
JS27

dodj

Quote from: js27 on April 06, 2020, 06:11:47 AM
Hell I was at Lowe's twice yesterday for a landscaping project I am doing at home and it was packed.
Well you are likely to follow the pattern of other places that don't follow social distancing and it will be more painful for SC in a short while.
You don't have to quarantine, just keep your distance from others. With the USA racking up more deaths per day than anywhere else in the world, that should be incentive enough.
If I need something from a store and the parking lot is full, I go at another time.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopartaz

Anyone hear about the guy who was arrested for  paddle boarding alone in the ocean in California?

kdcarman

Quote from: dodj on April 06, 2020, 06:34:49 AM
Hell I was at Lowe's twice yesterday for a landscaping project I am doing at home and it was packed.
Well you are likely to follow the pattern of other places that don't follow social distancing and it will be more painful for SC in a short while.
You don't have to quarantine, just keep your distance from others. With the USA racking up more deaths per day than anywhere else in the world, that should be incentive enough.
If I need something from a store and the parking lot is full, I go at another time.

The latest from South Carolina:
South Carolina is reporting 1,700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 34 deaths associated with the virus, according to the state's

This is how it starts, I am really happy Illinois shut down early.  Hopeful we don't become NY.  Illinois actually shut down schools and the state before NY.  Let's see what happens in Florida.  SC will likely face the same upward curve as all states. 

js27

Quote from: kdcarman on April 06, 2020, 07:09:21 AM
Quote from: dodj on April 06, 2020, 06:34:49 AM

The latest from South Carolina:
South Carolina is reporting 1,700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 34 deaths associated with the virus, according to the state's

This is how it starts, I am really happy Illinois shut down early.  Hopeful we don't become NY.  Illinois actually shut down schools and the state before NY.  Let's see what happens in Florida.  SC will likely face the same upward curve as all states.
Not sure where you get your info but here in SC as of this morning we had 44 deaths.  I guess time will tell  and one side will be telling the other side SEE I TOLD YOU SO.  People are acting like this is the Black Plaque or Ebola. It is nothing more than a bad Flu. No where the numbers of H1N1 or Sars or Mer --yet ?  Not sure about other countries but the big to do in the USA is because it is a Election Year. People who live here know what I am talking about.
By the way Lowe's was practicing Social Distancing. They had Blue Squares on the floor at the check out that were 6 feet apart and said Stand Here.
JS27

anlauto

SARS lasted two years and killed 770 people around the world, Covid-19 is killing on average 800 people a day in the USA alone.... and almost at 77,000 deaths so far world wide :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

And from the Left coast...

kdcarman

"It is nothing more than a bad Flu."

This is 100% a wrong statement.
This thing is minimally 10 times more deadly then the flu.
This thing is waaaaayyyyy more contagious then the flu.
A bad flu would not overwhelm our healthcare system.

It is going to be scary when it hits third world countries

The WHO has called this thing a pandemic globally because it is a bad flu.

The New York Times is filled with pages of obituaries.
Many pages of obituaries are starting to fill the Chicago papers.