Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 02, 2020, 05:19:13 PM
Covid-19 is already at 52K deaths in what 4-5 months ?
A chinese person where my wife works was in Hubei province in November. She said they were quarantined in China then....not that you heard it in the news here.
So probably started in Sept-Oct?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

js27

Just this morning our local news reported that we have had 5 deaths in the Lowcountry part of my state. That covers about 1/3 of the entire state. ALL 5 death were elderly people. ALL 5 people had other serious medical conditions-Heart -lung disease and cancer. I do not look at death rate from countries that have socialized medicine. The US has the best medical facilities anywhere in the world. Yes it may be expensive but medical care is readily available to all who need it. In my town alone of 65,000 people we have several hospitals and urgent care offices everywhere. I have 3 within 5 minutes from my home. Not sure if any of you saw the Netflix series called PANDEMIC. It was released about 3 months ago and my wife and I watched it. Turns out that the medical crew that was featured in that series has come up with a Cure for Covid 19. It has to go through human testing yet but they feel it will work. Kind of strange they released this series and only 3 months later we have a pandemic and they come up with a cure..I still say that the US will come no where near the predicted 100-200,000 deaths. I hope I am Right.
https://americanupdate.com/articles/researcher-featured-in-netflix-special-pandemic-announces-potential-cure-for-coronavirus

JS27

dodj

Quote from: js27 on April 03, 2020, 06:11:48 AM
Yes it may be expensive but medical care is readily available to all who need it.
I hope you are right, but it is unlikely to keep up. Nobody's healthcare system is designed for mass hospitalization.

IMO, the public systems will fare better because they should be coordinated better rather than individual hospitals/jurisdictions looking out for themselves.

In about three months we will find out which way worked the best, hopefully they both do a good job.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

I was reading an article today that Canaduh is already planning who to save and who to let die off. So I think we are going to see supplies and infrastructure used at their limits, better get ready to say your goodbyes to the older folk.
Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 03, 2020, 07:37:54 AM
I was reading an article today that Canaduh is already planning who to save and who to let die off.
I believe every countries health professionals are discussing this. It's a horrible thing to contemplate, but if/when things get really bad, that decision, no matter how difficult, has to be made. I'm glad it's not me making those decisions.
I'm sure those decisions are already taking place in Italy, Spain and USA.

JS29

I would not be surprised!  :no:

anlauto

I was reading an article today that Canaduh is already planning who to save and who to let die off. So I think we are going to see supplies and infrastructure used at their limits, better get ready to say your goodbyes to the older folk.

We are the older folk... :bye: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

You're just a puppy Alan.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 03, 2020, 08:49:32 AM

We are the older folk... :bye: :haha:
What's your definition of older?
I used to think 50 was old, now I'm leaning more towards 90 being old.....

CudaMoparRay

To answer the original question: Quarantine or not?

Quarantine   :vipermanhiding:  :deadhorse:

JS29

kdcarman

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on April 03, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Agree

torredcuda

but for how long? They are finding certain drugs to help but vaccine could be 12-18 months away.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

Depends on your situation.

You self isolate (quarantine) if you are covid positive, exhibit symptoms, or were in contact with somebody with covid.

Otherwise you practice social distancing with all that entails.

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2020, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2020, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Wow US is now over 1035 deaths :andyangel:

Almost 2000 now three days later :o

Jesus...USA is up over 200 since I checked it 5 hours ago :andyangel: Now at 2227

So in seven days USA is now at 8283 deaths :andyangel:  800 or so a day.... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration