Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

The 2-3 week stay at home orders are merely to keep from overwhelming hopsitals and ICU capacity, obviuosly this virus will be around for a long time and we can`t stop the whole economy for much longer than that without it collapsing.  After staying home Monday I went into work last night and was pleasantly surprised the management is taking things very seriuos. The co-worker who went to NYC was talked to and sent home to quarantine for a couple weeks, hopefully he didn`t spread it to anyone there already  and the manager of the machining dept was also told to stay out for two weeks after taking a trip to Florida by plane. Hopefully they can find those drug combinations soon to lesson the seriousness of people who get severe symptoms.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

A lot of people don't realize that the moment you step out of your house to do anything like get the mail, go to fill up with gas, grab a coffee, get groceries, etc.... Once you return home, your 14 days starts over again...if you have someone in your house, or UPS drops off a box....your 14 days starts over again... :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 07:31:31 AM
A lot of people don't realize that the moment you step out of your house to do anything like get the mail, go to fill up with gas, grab a coffee, get groceries, etc.... Once you return home, your 14 days starts over again...if you have someone in your house, or UPS drops off a box....your 14 days starts over again... :bricks:

If you are quarantined, because you returned home from foreign travel, you should not be leaving the house at all for the 14 day period!!!!! 

If you are self isolating and practicing social distancing there is no time limit, but you should be limiting shopping trips to the essentials, but a walk around the neighborhood is ok.

:alan2cents:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

YellowThumper

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 24, 2020, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on March 24, 2020, 02:38:33 PM
To me the overall solutions are seem fairly simple to drastically reduce the infectious opportunities. Most "bottom dollar" incremental changes should be ended.
First off is the nanny state of Ca. Must rescind the plastic  straw and bag ban.
All restaurants that have public fill stations for drinks, condiments,  salsa, etc... all must return to providing them to us.
Self serve stations at alls stores to be eliminated.
Total capacity to be reduced at restaurants. Immediately they should only fill every other seat and also remove the packed in (infill) small tables.

All these small and easy things will reduce potential contacts exponentially.

My2c
Mike.

This is exactly what they enforced here in Sweden just a few hrs ago. Almost to the point. Kept the restaurants open, but just table service, (and home delivery) and spaced the tables out, limiting the guest numbers. No hanging in bars, drinking beer is fine, just at a table.

@soundcontrol I work directly with China suppliers and have been "feeling" them out for months. Obviously they cannot disclose much without fear of severe penalties. Reading between the lines from the small comments of many I deal with. I knew this was coming. It was much more severe than was let out. As is being discussed here now they have mandatory quarantine whenever they leave their local areas.
This equates to me leaving orange county to visit LA county. I can but when returning I am again quarantined.
This has effect of preventing the wide spread. Keeping it local as they say.
It is not practical to separate households. But can be practical to separate cities or a bit looser to separate counties.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on March 24, 2020, 06:47:32 PM
We're officially under a "stay at home" order and I do support it. Our medical system will simply not support the masses getting sick at the same time, the stay at home precautions are intended to try to actually prolong the inevitable in an attempt to mitigate overloading the healthcare system [Italy].

I sure wish our medical/health system wasn't all private and for profit, it's a huge hurdle to overcome during times like this. There's no "team" in the medical world outside of each individual hospital. Some hospitals here are trying to avoid public awareness of their facility having COVID patients in an attempt to protect their image as much as possible... :notsure: :pokeeye:

Guarantee the all private insurance plan is dead after this.
Government to fund the basics with optional private ability if willing to pay for it.
My sis in law repairs venting equipment for hospitals. One she is working at has a couple covid patients. They also were not spreading the news. Until now...
Because of mandate.

Mike.

torredcuda

Quote from: Cudajason on March 25, 2020, 08:33:33 AM

If you are quarantined, because you returned home from foreign travel, you should not be leaving the house at all for the 14 day period!!!!! 

If you are self isolating and practicing social distancing there is no time limit, but you should be limiting shopping trips to the essentials, but a walk around the neighborhood is ok.

Quarantine if you have the virus, which means not leaving your home, social distancing to limit the spread.

torredcuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 25, 2020, 09:02:05 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on March 24, 2020, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on March 24, 2020, 02:38:33 PM
To me the overall solutions are seem fairly simple to drastically reduce the infectious opportunities. Most "bottom dollar" incremental changes should be ended.
First off is the nanny state of Ca. Must rescind the plastic  straw and bag ban.
All restaurants that have public fill stations for drinks, condiments,  salsa, etc... all must return to providing them to us.
Self serve stations at alls stores to be eliminated.
Total capacity to be reduced at restaurants. Immediately they should only fill every other seat and also remove the packed in (infill) small tables.

All these small and easy things will reduce potential contacts exponentially.

My2c
Mike.

This is exactly what they enforced here in Sweden just a few hrs ago. Almost to the point. Kept the restaurants open, but just table service, (and home delivery) and spaced the tables out, limiting the guest numbers. No hanging in bars, drinking beer is fine, just at a table.

@soundcontrol I work directly with China suppliers and have been "feeling" them out for months. Obviously they cannot disclose much without fear of severe penalties. Reading between the lines from the small comments of many I deal with. I knew this was coming. It was much more severe than was let out. As is being discussed here now they have mandatory quarantine whenever they leave their local areas.
This equates to me leaving orange county to visit LA county. I can but when returning I am again quarantined.
This has effect of preventing the wide spread. Keeping it local as they say.
It is not practical to separate households. But can be practical to separate cities or a bit looser to separate counties.

I am travelling 40 miles to work in a different state because we are considered "essential"

Cudajason

Quote from: torredcuda on March 25, 2020, 09:14:44 AM

Quarantine if you have the virus, which means not leaving your home, social distancing to limit the spread.

EXACTLY...unless you have just come home from abroad...then Quarantine for 14 days, to be safe.

The scariest part is that you can transmit the disease while being asymptomatic, so we may all be screwed anyway!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Did you hear about the lady arriving at Toronto airport and dying of the virus only hours of getting off the plane  :looney: Welcome home :grouphug:

It can live on cardboard for up to 24 hours....UPS guy sneezes on your Summit Racing box and you bring it right into your house....something as simple as that.... :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 11:00:32 AM
Did you hear about the lady arriving at Toronto airport and dying of the virus only hours of getting off the plane  :looney: Welcome home :grouphug:

It can live on cardboard for up to 24 hours....UPS guy sneezes on your Summit Racing box and you bring it right into your house....something as simple as that.... :headbang:

This just in...

Mike.

benlavigne

Quote from: Cudajason on March 25, 2020, 10:20:04 AM
Quote from: torredcuda on March 25, 2020, 09:14:44 AM

EXACTLY...unless you have just come home from abroad...then Quarantine for 14 days, to be safe.

The scariest part is that you can transmit the disease while being asymptomatic, so we may all be screwed anyway!!!

Quarantine law is now in effect in Canada, so you HAVE TO isolate yourself for 14 days if you are incoming from outside the country... and that means no stopping for groceries before you get home!

Ben

anlauto

Just saved about $57 filling up my truck with cheap covid-19 gas  :banana: :banana:

benlavigne

71-440

My business is considered essential also. So is my sons. So we both have to work.
Just doing the best we can.
Joe

Topcat

Louisiana is now the fastest growing rate of infected individuals.

Deep South members, stay home. Be safe.