Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

:pixiepop:

Pixie is even watching.... :deadhorse:

mopartaz

seems to be the narrative

js27

Something I thought was interesting for the people comparing the US to European countries.
JS27

anlauto

That's a cool perspective :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

The numbers don't mean anything until you're comparing apples to apples. Even the comparison above is flawed because it doesn't take into account population.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: blown motor on April 12, 2020, 08:06:21 AM
Even the comparison above is flawed because it doesn't take into account population.
:iagree:
Europe has twice the population of the USA. Somewhere around 700-800 million people I think.

Transpose Canada on top of the States...We're significantly bigger..600 deaths. But only 35 million people.

Hard to find apples to apples comparisons.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopartaz

this is interesting.

A Global Threat
The World Health Organization estimates that 1.8 billion people—close to one quarter of the world's population—are infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tb), the bacteria that causes TB. Last year, 10 million fell ill from TB and 1.5 million died.

Source:
https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-tb-drugs/global-pandemic

and we aren't shutting down the worlds economy for TB.

JS29

worthywads

Quote from: mopartaz on April 12, 2020, 08:48:36 AM
this is interesting.

A Global Threat
The World Health Organization estimates that 1.8 billion people—close to one quarter of the world's population—are infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tb), the bacteria that causes TB. Last year, 10 million fell ill from TB and 1.5 million died.

Source:
https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-tb-drugs/global-pandemic

and we aren't shutting down the worlds economy for TB.

The map on this link shows why me and you aren't too concerned about TB, only 515 people died in the US from TB in 2017.  All the dying is in 3rd world countries.  Very few white people die of TB even of the 515 in the US.   Malaria is a huge killer too, but not here.

https://www.who.int/gho/tb/epidemic/cases_deaths/en/

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/statistics/tbtrends.htm

worthywads

dodj

The bundy of the flatheads? lol  :Thud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I can't believe the attitude of some people trying to play this down, sure maybe more people dye of the regular flu, or maybe your area is not hit that bad, maybe the State is bigger then Europe, maybe you'd rather be working, etc...etc...

The simple-ness of this mess is that 21,656 people :andyangel:  in the USA have died in the last 44 days...almost 500/day of Covid-19. Something should be done. :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

In Toronto, and all of Ontario, the public parks and beaches have been shut down for quite awhile now, however on last nights news they pointed out that the Police and by-law officers are now issuing fines for people using the parks or any area of them. You will receive a $750 fine if you're caught sitting alone or with anybody on a public park bench. You can walk in the park, but NOT sit on bench.

They showed two elderly ladies enjoying the sunshine sitting on Muskoka chairs on one of Toronto's public beaches....They each got $750 fines....They looked pretty pissed on the news.  :crying:  Also showed two Dudes refusing to leave a skate park....BAM.....$750 fine...

People need to get the idea in their heads....JUST STAY HOME !

JH27N0B

There's a group here that should have a "chicken pox party" for coronavirus so they can report back in a 3 or 4 weeks just how bad or nothing to worry about it actually is!  :idea:
The reverberations from their echo chamber of links supporting what they want to think got so intense they shattered the screen on one of my iPads when I opened this thread up this morning.   :-X
I'd ask to be reimbursed for the repair, but I think the tablet and phone repair stores are closed down now as "non essential", so I'm SOL getting it repaired for now.  :crying:
I hear a lot of ignorance these days coming from both ends of the political spectrum, and I think that when this is all behind us and the facts are all actually known, the truth will end up being somewhere in the middle. That's how it usually works out. Until this plays out, it's foolish to think you know all that much about it, because you don't, nor does anyone else.
In the meantime, there is no excuse for not being careful out there because at this time there's no treatment. Hopefully some of the treatments that are being experimented with now work out so we can try to get back to something resembling normal soon!

Topcat

Nobody has really thought how this is going to work out as far as how this will end.
You have multiple agencies with their authority and their input.

CDC
WHO   ::)
OH & S
Trump Corona Team
FDA
NHTSA
Surgeon General
State Governors
FAA
National Retailers Association

How in the Hell is this all going to go to Get out of Jail" card?