Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

They are telling us to make our own using a bandana and rubber bands!

dodj

Wearing one while driving by yourself in your car is just stupid. But I've seen it here.
Wearing a regular mask protects others, not the wearer. If you cough sneeze etc, your droplets from exhaling get stopped from projecting outwards.
If you are wearing a properly fitting N95 mask it protects you as well. N95 meaning it stops 95% of some specified size of airborne particles.

No, I don't wear one. I control coughs by coughing into my shirt, jacket, whatever.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Quote from: dodj on April 16, 2020, 07:45:12 AM
Wearing one while driving by yourself in your car is just stupid. But I've seen it here.
Wearing a regular mask protects others, not the wearer. If you cough sneeze etc, your droplets from exhaling get stopped from projecting outwards.
If you are wearing a properly fitting N95 mask it protects you as well. N95 meaning it stops 95% of some specified size of airborne particles.

No, I don't wear one. I control coughs by coughing into my shirt, jacket, whatever.
This is correct.. PPE (bandanas or masks) protect others from your droplets. Spit is released every time we speak. These low level projectiles still hit hit your surroundings for others to come in contact with.
Where I agree masks in your car looks stupid. I disagree that it is. All my family uses the same car now. We are all out shopping various places. Coming in contact with the unknowns. We sanitize but in reality many things get touched that may not be properly hit.
Along with the ever present and unknowingly touch of your own faces. Masks help to limit that.
We have now several cases that popped up at stores we shop at that are also less than 1/8 mile from my house.
I'm pushing 60 and recently was diagnosed with a significant heart issue. This is about as serious as it gets for me.
:vipermanhiding: :vipermanhiding: :vipermanhiding: saves others lives. Not just the wearer.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Ah yes. Perspective.
I'm the only one that drives my vehicles so I guess I was kind of blind to the 'multiple driver' scenario.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Yea...to simplify, you wearing a mask is meant to protect other people from you in case you have Covid-19 and don't know it. :alan2cents:

Just try coughing in a grocery store and see the dirty looks you get :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2020, 08:13:13 AM

Try shopping for your mom, mom in law, and yourself. People think you are a hoarder buying multiples of everything. lol

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on April 16, 2020, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2020, 08:13:13 AM

Try shopping for your mom, mom in law, and yourself. People think you are a hoarder buying multiples of everything. lol

OH...soooo you're THAT guy ! :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

:haha:
Day by day we are de-volving...

JH27N0B

With all the hair salons closed down, I'm hearing a lot of blondes are de-volving into brunettes!  :crazytalk:

torredcuda

I`ll be back to my `70`s hairstyle in another couple weeks.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

worthywads

Interesting video on microdroplets.  I only wish they had shown comparison of coughing or sneezing with different layers of masking to see how much of a reduction each type made.

https://vimeo.com/402577241?1&ref=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR3_SFAHTUeWBRJCCE_Pbpe1AEME2e7Nh-MmiAiEgfKEqCxd12ibMNSuQN4

Scooter

Quote from: torredcuda on April 17, 2020, 04:49:21 AM

Time to break out the shop vac...

;)

JS29

Quote from: torredcuda on April 17, 2020, 04:49:21 AM
I am already there!!!  :yes: Pony tail time. 

dodj

Still bald..... Kind of like this emoji... 8)