Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

With all the criticism of the president for his attacks on China and WHO in the main stream media, it was interesting seeing this article in the MSM today-
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-cia-believes-china-tried-stop-who-alarm-pandemic-1503565

Mopar5

A large part of the media will do its best to keep the focus on the president instead of the real culprits.

JH27N0B

That is why I found it interesting seeing an article in a left leaning media outlet like Newsweek outlining how China and WHO covered up the severity of this pandemic early on, and how China used this delay to horde vast quantities of PPE.  I guess even the main stream media can't dismiss China's culpability in this forever!
Though I was irritated last Sunday watching 60 Minutes where they had a piece disproving theories that the virus was engineered by China and escaped from a lab there.  They seemed to conflate two theories and used that to discredit both theories. From what I have seen I am convinced that Covid 19 is a virus that started with bats and not engineered as a weapon.  However, there are a number of stories and theories that this virus was being studied in a research lab in Wuhan and accidentally escaped.  The lab was of the type the CDC has or at universities so it wasn't being studied as a weapon.  But nevertheless escaped accidentally and if true could be called their Chernobyl.  Some evidence of this includes a researcher there who seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth since last November, and I've heard it reported the bat this virus occurs in is not native to the Wuhan area.
60 Minutes seemed to be saying that since the virus is natural and not engineered, that all theories of it escaping from a lab are discredited and that to me sketchy at best and intentionally deceitful at worst.  I would like to see a main stream media source investigate what happened to the missing scientist from the virus research lab in Wuhan and provide proof the bat that Covid 19 originated in is or is not native to the Wuhan region.

Mopar5

Hopefully with all the world looking into this matter the media wont be able to cover up the truth and it will undeniably emerge.

JS29

:haha: :rofl: :rofl: Maybe after the first week in November!  :Stirring:

mopartaz

Plandemic

JS29

I do, the camera man is unmasked!  :idea:

torredcuda

Initially they said masks don`t work now they are being mandated in some areas, I was handed one at work last week but am not using it. I think the mask thing is a joke as most people have no clue how to use them properly, I see people pulling them down to talk, grabbing the edges of  it to pull it back up after touching a bunch of other things etc. Gloves are even worse as having gloves on and touching numerous things just cross contaminates it all. Most stores now have plasitc guards up at the registers which may help and I do use hand sanitizer now after never using it before all of this but that`s it! I fully understand if you are in the high risk category to protect yourself but I think the rest of us need to just use some common sense and get on with life.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Mopar5

JS29

:iagree: How come the essential workers aren't all dead. If all the hype were true, They would all be dead!!! :pokeeye:

oldmoparbuff

I hope everyne is doing well.
I'm back to work after 3 weeks off.
32 hours last week and 40 this week.

I work for an industrial Manufacturing company.
We are observing 6ft rule, encouraged to wear a mask when interacting hands on.

Daughter and Son-in-law are first responders and continue to do what they need to.

I'm starting to think I will take my chances with the virus.

Stay well.

blown motor

Quote from: torredcuda on May 14, 2020, 06:50:23 AM
Initially they said masks don`t work now they are being mandated in some areas, I was handed one at work last week but am not using it. I think the mask thing is a joke as most people have no clue how to use them properly, I see people pulling them down to talk, grabbing the edges of  it to pull it back up after touching a bunch of other things etc. Gloves are even worse as having gloves on and touching numerous things just cross contaminates it all. Most stores now have plasitc guards up at the registers which may help and I do use hand sanitizer now after never using it before all of this but that`s it! I fully understand if you are in the high risk category to protect yourself but I think the rest of us need to just use some common sense and get on with life.

The point of the mask for most people is to reduce the spread of your own breath. You could be infected and therefore spreading it without knowing because it take 5-14 days for symptoms to appear. Taking it down to talk is totally counter productive but for the odd person that is infected and doesn't know it, if wearing a mask helps prevent the spread and thereby prevents someone else from getting it then I guess it was worth it. As someone else said, better to be over cautious and live than to abandon caution and be dead. Having said that, I agree that common sense does go a long way.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on May 14, 2020, 07:20:10 AM
:iagree: How come the essential workers aren't all dead.
Because we're careful....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dodj on May 14, 2020, 09:32:52 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Not saying you aren't but that's hardly the whole answer....

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 14, 2020, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: dodj on May 14, 2020, 09:32:52 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Not saying you aren't but that's hardly the whole answer....
Of course not...I also wash my hands.   :D
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill