Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Any machinist out there that has had the pleasure of using Highspot Blue understands and has developed the skillsets necessary to prevent unwanted transferring of the virus.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 14, 2020, 12:47:57 PM
Any machinist out there that has had the pleasure of using Highspot Blue understands and has developed the skillsets necessary to prevent unwanted transferring of the virus.

:haha:   or anitsieze

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on May 14, 2020, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on May 14, 2020, 12:47:57 PM

:haha:   or anitsieze

One drop covers the earth.... :D

dodj

Based on my experience with anti-seize, corona should have killed me by now...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

I use never seize a lot, love that stuff.  :bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Quote from: dodj on May 14, 2020, 02:24:04 PM
Based on my experience with anti-seize, corona should have killed me by now...
Haha. I used some of that this last weekend and unfortunately have to admit containment failure.  :notsure:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

I'm having a tough time figuring out why all the essential workers aren't dead from this yet?  :Stirring: :thinking:

JS29

worthywads

Quote from: Brads70 on May 15, 2020, 02:40:16 PM
I'm having a tough time figuring out why all the essential workers aren't dead from this yet?  :Stirring: :thinking:

Me and the essential workers I work with are abiding by precautions and are fortunately in a low exposure area thanks to isolation.

A lot of essential workers at meat packing plants (I worked for 11 years in the industry) are not so fortunate and there are deaths. No way they can keep 6 feet apart.  Their families are the next wave of spread and death.

Pretty sad that the White House is now 100% masks except the P and VP.  What a leader.

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on May 15, 2020, 02:40:16 PM
Well, in my case, I think it is mostly due to location. There is virtually no corona here. I think there was one person in hospital a couple weeks ago.
A few positive cases, like a total of 70 during the whole lockdown period. Almost all brought in for testing from surrounding areas, then back home for isolation if they tested positive. I believe there are lots of places in this big country of ours that have been pretty much untouched by corona, but smacked pretty hard by the quarantine.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Lowes, Walmart Home Depot etc. open and now Nascar back racing with large race teams but small businesses still can`t open? The big guys with big influence gain while the little guys get screwed?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

I think it has to do with size...you can put 100 people into a Home Depot and still have safe social distancing, but you can't put 10 people in a little Ma & Pa store on Main Street ....

NASCAR is back but with no spectators...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skid Row

:deadhorse: Why isn't everyone in Georgia dead? Must have something to do with the 99% survival rate.(Unless you have a pre-existing condition.) Every day the local news reported the # of flu deaths, Now no one has died of the flu since early March.

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 17, 2020, 05:58:08 AM
I think it has to do with size...you can put 100 people into a Home Depot and still have safe social distancing, but you can't put 10 people in a little Ma & Pa store on Main Street ....

NASCAR is back but with no spectators...

Big store parking lots are FULL every weekend, lines to get in, also at smaller Ace hardware stores as we stopped at one last weekend and it was also packed, small convenient stores are also open. Why can`t small stores have smaller limits for people and still operate safely?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Our small "street level" stores are able to open starting Tuesday for curb side pick-up with limited entry.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration