Main Menu

Ralleys or Steel Wheels on an all black Cuda; opinions

Started by Matt13, November 15, 2022, 01:10:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Rallye wheels!  :1place:

But, if you have two sets of wheels/tires, swap them every once in awhile.

Matt13

MoparCarGuy

Either Rallyes or Steelies look great. 70 Cuda's used the "Plymouth Division" imprinted hubcaps with silver argent accents on the perimeter which are a nice touch over the plain hubcaps.
It is very easy to have a set of each type of wheel you like and change it up every so often. Tires are safe for approximately six years so stagger the purchase of tires with your various wheels and enjoy!

71-440

Joe

70_440-6Cuda

I have to say I am surprised by how many people dislike the steelies.... I would have thought "prefer" rallye wheels, but there seems to be a dislike for the steelies; interesting toe considering I love the steel wheels and poverty caps....fun topic either way
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

torredcuda

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on November 15, 2022, 09:23:06 PM
I have to say I am surprised by how many people dislike the steelies.... I would have thought "prefer" rallye wheels, but there seems to be a dislike for the steelies; interesting toe considering I love the steel wheels and poverty caps....fun topic either way

I`m surprised as well, on most FB pages it seems  the vast majority go GAGA over steelies - maybe just not on E-bodies?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

Quote from: torredcuda on November 15, 2022, 03:04:26 PM
Almost every muscle car I remember seeing back in the mid `70`s-`80`s had aftermarket wheels - Cragar S/S, aluminum slots, Keystone Klassics etc.
Ya, almost every musclecar had them back then, now, they seem to be pretty rare. I remember the S/S and Klassics the most.
I have Torq-Thrust wheels on my Challenger.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

The steelies look OK but would not be my choice.
Just to throw a wild card out there, I think you can't beat Cragar's!! Keep the stealies/rallye wheels for show (if you need OEM) and drive it with Cragar's, you'll get more stares  ;)

Matt13

Quote from: dodj on November 16, 2022, 05:14:42 AM
Almost every muscle car I remember seeing back in the mid `70`s-`80`s had aftermarket wheels - Cragar S/S, aluminum slots, Keystone Klassics etc.
Ya, almost every musclecar had them back then, now, they seem to be pretty rare. I remember the S/S and Klassics the most.
I guess I can see where some people are coming from; the E-body is classy and tough looking and lends itself to a styled wheel to complete the look. I just like the "all business" look that steelies give. The steel wheels, to me, give the impression of a no-frills, my money is all in the motor vibe. I agree that on some color Ebodies, it just doesnt look right. Definitely better looking on A and B bodies. But I do think an all black Cuda really looks good with the black steelies. Just can't decide if I want to keep or sell the 15" Ralleys. I can get a nice set of steelies, all black with nice poverty caps for under $500.  :thinking:

Mr Lee

I like the steelies.  I think they look raw and kind of menacing, stripped down, unpolished and all about the business of going fast and having muscle.  I don't get the granny car comments at all personally.  I think the opposite.  I think they look mean. 
Rallye wheels, although nice looking, are everywhere you turn.  When I see a car with steelies, it always draws my attention. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Filthy Filbert

I like both options.  one is classy, the other is tough. 

cudamadd

For me they both have there place if I had a tough hemi 4 speed street fighter of a car then the plan steelines.  But for the show car screen the mopar rallye wheels look awsome . One thing for sure I would not want to get to many flat tyres with the steel wheels because pulling off that hub cap to many times I could chip the paint. On the beautifuly painted rims .

MEK-Dangerous

I think steel wheels would work on your car IF it was any other color than black. I think steel wheels pop when they are painted a body color of orange, red, purple, etc.

198D13

dodj

Quote from: Matt13 on November 16, 2022, 07:06:58 AM
Quote from: dodj on November 16, 2022, 05:14:42 AM
I guess I can see where some people are coming from; the E-body is classy and tough looking and lends itself to a styled wheel to complete the look. I just like the "all business" look that steelies give. The steel wheels, to me, give the impression of a no-frills, my money is all in the motor vibe. I agree that on some color Ebodies, it just doesnt look right. Definitely better looking on A and B bodies. But I do think an all black Cuda really looks good with the black steelies. Just can't decide if I want to keep or sell the 15" Ralleys. I can get a nice set of steelies, all black with nice poverty caps for under $500.  :thinking:
Keep your rallyes in storage and put the steelies on. It's your car after all. Do what floats your boat.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill