Main Menu

Roadman

Started by ToxicWolf, June 06, 2018, 02:30:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 12, 2018, 07:43:01 PM
I think Mark lived life as he chose & after his stroke he wouldn't have been able to do that....   I know we grieve & he will be missed but I also honestly believe he wouldn't have like living with the restrictions he would have had after his stroke.....   
I think many of us likely feel the same way... I know I do....
He enjoyed helping others but I'm guessing he never wanted to feel like he was a burden, no matter that any of us would have happily been there for him, he wouldn't have wanted that.... I could be wrong... But somehow I don't think I am....

If someone thinks this is inappropriate say the word, I'll delete it.... 

I think you are right on. When I was down there in January he would lightly grumble a bit about his health issues at that time and that was well before his stroke. At the same time it was hard to tell he was dealing with some troubles. He wore it well and like you say, he didn't want to be a burden.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ToxicWolf

Quote from: blown motor on June 13, 2018, 05:55:06 AM
I think Mark lived life as he chose & after his stroke he wouldn't have been able to do that....   I know we grieve & he will be missed but I also honestly believe he wouldn't have like living with the restrictions he would have had after his stroke.....   
He enjoyed helping others but I'm guessing he never wanted to feel like he was a burden, no matter that any of us would have happily been there for him, he wouldn't have wanted that.... I could be wrong... But somehow I don't think I am....

I think you are right on. When I was down there in January he would lightly grumble a bit about his health issues at that time and that was well before his stroke. At the same time it was hard to tell he was dealing with some troubles. He wore it well and like you say, he didn't want to be a burden.

I agree. He and I had talked about this many times. Better to go quickly than sitting around waiting helplessly for it to happen.

BIGSHCLUNK

:iagree:   Let's face it, lots of us here have a "condition "or two. You just never know.............

ToxicWolf

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on June 13, 2018, 08:35:18 AM
:iagree:   Let's face it, lots of us here have a "condition "or two. You just never know.............

That's for sure ... Especially us old people  :rofl:

BIGSHCLUNK

:yes:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:

blown motor

I don't know who you two are calling old but they're likely not going to be too happy with you if they find out!  :rofl:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ToxicWolf

Quote from: blown motor on June 13, 2018, 12:40:37 PM
I don't know who you two are calling old but they're likely not going to be too happy with you if they find out!  :rofl:

We will never tell.  :stop:  :bradsthumb:

71-440

Your probably spot on. Even though I didn't know Mark I feel the same way as you described.
I've come to have some medical issues over the past couple years, COPD,High blood pressure occasional dizzy spells. Part of getting older.
And no I wouldn't want to be a burden on my family or friends either or live the rest of my life not being able to do for myself what I want.

"To live in minds we leave behind is not to die" is very appropriate. Celebrate his life.

Joe

crackedback

Sorry to read about Roadman passing.   

Condolonces to his family.

cudaragtop

Condolences to Mark's Family and Friends.

Only Mopars in Heaven, there's no speed limit and you never run out of gas!  :burnout:

RIP Roadman

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

70/6chall

To echo Mick Jagger........"What a drag it is getting old".   Thanks,   Al

Mopsquad

Got to know Roadman over the phone.  He went out of his way to look at a Cuda for me.  Saved me from a few bad purchases. 

Rest in peace brother.

340challconvert

Like the quote "To live in minds we leave behind is not to die"
An appropriate tribute to the man.
We of course all get old eventually (still cant't believe I am in my mid 60's.)
I put my car away in 1984 and just took it out of storage to work on it three years ago.

Take the best care of yourself as possible and do what you enjoy for as long as you can!
Time is fleeting  :cheers:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Cuda Cody

I still think about Roadman a lot and sure do miss that guy.  :(