Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Bullitt- on May 21, 2019, 02:43:46 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 21, 2019, 12:02:10 PM
Is that Australia :australia:  ?  :rubeyes: :haha:

Nope South Alabama..... ya know how backwards we is.......

As viewed from Australia.. :alan2cents:

YellowThumper

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty

The sky fell last night in the Tulsa area. Tornados and flooding.

superdave

For the third year in a row we turned on the TV to see a map with a tornado very near me in-laws house. Tonight it appears to have skipped right over their house, no damage to their farm. yes we live in "tornado alley" but it usually doesn't happen that often in the same place. :drunk:

Marty

I agree. Tornados can be a real crap shoot.

Topcat

Quote from: Marty on May 21, 2019, 07:58:43 PM

Your chances on experiencing devastation and/or loss from Tornado's vs. Earthquakes here.

Earthquakes anyday of the week for me.
Lived through at least a dozen medium to major ones and counting.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Topcat on May 21, 2019, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: Marty on May 21, 2019, 07:58:43 PM

Your chances on experiencing devastation and/or loss from Tornado's vs. Earthquakes here.

Earthquakes anyday of the week for me.
Lived through at least a dozen medium to major ones and counting.
I have been in both. Shear randomness of tornadoes is unnerving. House I was in lost lawn furniture. Nextdoor trees were gone and windows blown out. 3rd out was about the same. 4th house was gone entirely.

In ca for many years and yes many major quakes.

Given choice. Earthquakes any day of week over tornado.
Oh yea... there was a flying and screaming cow to hear. Something to never forget.

Mike.

Marty

I see your point, 100%.

Oklahoma was having some earthquakes there for a while. Nothing really bad though. Just some vibration.Did some damage down by Oklahoma City area about a year or two ago. They suddenly stopped. It's heart-stopping watching the Weather Radar and that massive red area goes over your town and you hope that hook doesn't develop. We live on pins and needles every Spring.

Dealing with the nasty Skiatook flood right now. Worse in decades.

71-440

No Tornadoes here yet. But hot as hell.... Mid 90's by the weekend. Today hit 90.
Joe

Chryco Psycho

meanwhile in Wyoming today & further North in Calgary too

1 Wild R/T

Ok, last time I took the time to do this was the week I got banned from Moparts... Lets see if I can avoid that fate this time.. :rofl:

Total deaths in the USA from 1960 to Dec 31 2018 due to Tornadoes... 5172

Total deaths in the USA from 1960 to Dec 31 2018 due to Earthquakes... 360

I think it's safe to say I'd rather be in an Earthquake... Though I'd rather not be in another as large as I was in back in 64....

Marty

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 22, 2019, 08:18:49 PM
Ok, last time I took the time to do this was the week I got banned from Moparts... Lets see if I can avoid that fate this time.. :rofl:

I think it's safe to say I'd rather be in an Earthquake... Though I'd rather not be in another as large as I was in back in 64....

Just now we had a band of Tornados blast through central Oklahoma. Sirens going off all night.

You won't get an argument from me for the moment.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Marty on May 22, 2019, 09:33:52 PM

Just now we had a band of Tornados blast through central Oklahoma. Sirens going off all night.

You won't get an argument from me for the moment.

Stay Safe!!  If I lived back there I'd be underground....

YellowThumper

BAN!

Cool stats.
My family moved to Ca from Wi just in time for the 70 quake. Still remember my father (Wi native) running around house like a chicken with head cut off.
I was driving near the 87 Whittier Narrows quake. My first thought was that I had a flat tire. Then I see everyone else pulling over to check their cars out also. Kind of humorous to watch.

Mike.

dodj

I was in Houston the first week of may. Up in Ontario we often complain about the cold. Certainly wasn't cold in Houston, but while there there was hail, loads of rain, lightning, three tornadoes and the some of the highways were flooded. Traffic stopped completely on the Katy fwy.
Seems no mater where you are they have some kind of screwy weather to deal with.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill