Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

In Denver yesterday the temp dropped from 78 to 38 in two hours, followed by an ice storm topped with 3-4" of the first snow of the year.

Brads70

Yikes its coming fast, down to almost 32 here at night 60 something during the day.  :('

Chryco Psycho

Amazing how good the weather was when I was there in Nov really

GoodysGotaCuda

High today of 90° tomorrow night get up to 60°. In Texas that makes us pretty ripe for a big storm [hail]

Racecars are tucked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

I would take some snow about now for SoCal.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Topcat

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 11, 2019, 06:10:25 AM
I would take some snow about now for SoCal.

100,000 people evacuated. Holy Cow! 

303 Mopar

Some people don't believe how fast the weather in Denver changes.....

YellowThumper

Well,
There are numerous major fires and more on the way due to high winds and drugged out people the gov caters to...
Multiple millions now without power.

Just another day in Ca. where the choice to spend 10x more on post issue strikes over preemptive strikes.

And our govenor just confirmed that they cannot confirm the fire was started by "unhoused Angelinos"
- rant end-
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 26, 2019, 06:13:57 AM
Some people don't believe how fast the weather in Denver changes.....

Living beside the Rockies for a lot of my life I completely understand , I have seen the season change while sitting at a stop light , literally 2 minutes !

cuda hunter

we got 18" this morning in about 3 hours in Salida.  It compressed to half that depth in a few hours.  Roads are really slick.  I saw one car had went over a 90' cliff and into the Arkansas river.  Typical days drive.
one hour southwest we only got about 4" in Westcliffe/Silvercliffe. Picture is of the Sangre De Cristo's on the way home from work.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Burdar

Very bad storm this afternoon. I was at work when it hit. 100mph winds for at least a half hour. 95% of the trees in the town where I work are topped or have fallen. Looks like a war zone. Took a long time to find my way out of town. Everywhere I turned the road was blocked. Lots of big trees on houses. Work has significant damage. Roofs partially blown off buildings, overhead doors blown off. A block wall was pushed in 6 inches. A 2x12 piece of lumber was blown through a building. Luckily no damage at home. Still no power right now. My daily driver somehow escaped without a scratch. Other coworkers vehicles didn't fair as well. I counted 8 semis flipped on the way home.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Jay Bee

HOLY CRAP

Glad to here that at least you're okay. I had to Google it and found a site with a slideshow.

https://kwwl.com/2020/08/10/slideshow-severe-weather-damage-in-eastern-iowa-and-surrounding-areas/

Chryco Psycho

Crazy , Glad you are OK Burdar  :bigthumb:

Burdar

Power came back on at my house yesterday morning at around 9.  Still no power in Marion where I work.  All the surrounding small towns had huge lines for gas.  Everyone from the hard hit areas had to drive there to fill up.

They are calling this a "derecho".  I had never heard the term before.  Basically it's an inland hurricane.

js27

WOW--Mid 90's here everyday--usual late afternoon thunder storm but nothing bad yet. It is coming up to the busy seasons for Hurricanes though..
Stay Safe everybody.
JS27