Main Menu

Severe weather season is here

Started by Burdar, March 06, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Looks like a good dump of snow. Nice to see others helping each other. Here we had a couple of feet of snow on the ground and it got pretty warm everything was icy fun to walk.  Then we got high winds and lots of hard rain. Now there is lots of water around as the ground is still frozen but it sure beat the snow down over the last 24 hours. The lawn is starting to appear in spots. Wont be long now till its gone...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

303 Mopar

Finally had one nice day here in Denver, let the battle with allergies begin!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

I see on facebook my family in NC, SC complaining about the pollen..... it does get a yellow film on everything, I'd hate to own a black vehicle there.

Timbbuc2

Expecting bad weather tonight in Alabama until 3 am :o
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 13, 2019, 05:57:38 PM

"T" word.... that would freak me out!  Be safe!

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Brads70 on April 13, 2019, 05:59:53 PM

"T" word.... that would freak me out!  Be safe!
I was in Albertsville Al. this week and they had a F1 this past Monday. I have seen damage before on TV, but my first time to see it in person. That freaked me out, trees snapped like toothpicks, and the path off the Tornado just cleaned everything almost to the ground.
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on January 13, 2019, 10:06:29 AM
I'd be happy to see a foot or 2 of snow. Business has dropped off for me.  :Stirring: :D

Just for Brad....  @Brads70

Bullitt-

@Timbbuc2  Did you fair alright?  I see Shelby County not far from where I think you live had a couple of loose naders.... 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 14, 2019, 05:54:54 AM

@Timbbuc2  Did you fair alright?  I see Shelby County not far from where I think you live had a couple of loose naders....
@Bullitt- yes I live in Shelby County, storms calmed down before they reached me, but I was headed to my storm shelter when the warning was lifted. :o
Get in, I'll drive

Burdar

Took a mini vacation last week.  Started out on Wednesday in heavy rain.  Once I got into Minnesota, I watched as the temps started dropping.  Soon I was driving through freezing rain, then sleet and then snow.  After 2.5 hours of driving 35 mph, I drove out of it and got to the hotel.  Luckily the Minnesota DOT did a great job of cleaning it all up and my drive back on Friday was normal.

blown motor

I thought we were done with this!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on April 27, 2019, 05:30:27 AM
I thought we were done with this!

I hear ya..... my lawn is covered..... :pullinghair:

BIGSHCLUNK

Winter Storm Warning here today.... starting at 10 AM.....  :verymad:

JH27N0B

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 27, 2019, 05:48:16 AM
Winter Storm Warning here today.... starting at 10 AM.....  :verymad:
Same here south of you in the flatlands.  The WPC club has a show near me usually the 3rd Sunday in April, but this year due to Easter they scheduled it tomorrow.  Last weekend the weather was perfect.  I got my convertible out of hibernation so I could attend.  Well now it's supposed to snow 4-8" freaking inches so it undoubtedly won't happen.  Dammit dammit dammit!!!  :steamingmad:
I cut the grass this morning early before it started to sprinkle.  First time of the year, the grass was getting high and thick so it desperately needed it and with the weather forecast, it was sort of now or never.  Later today I'll be shoveling snow.  How many people can say they cut their grass and shoveled snow off their driveway the same day?
On the other hand, how many people would want to have that distinction?  :haha: