Main Menu

Show or tell: The rare option your E body came with

Started by Topcat, April 02, 2017, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Love to hear stories on rare options E bodies came with.

Cruise control
Gator Grain
special paint
Rear window Louvers

Show em if you've got em.

Cuda Cody

I would love to see some original photos of Gator Grain tops!   :yes:  I've always liked that top. 

Topcat

My car was originally a 71' Gran Coupe.

When I was young, I wanted to eliminate any signs of that origin.

One of the first things to go was the mixed green/beige interior.
Black interior was the cool look. 

I'm still kicking my a$$ for getting rid of the  P6 interior.

anlauto

My AAR was a pretty low production purple with white interior and it had factory window louvers  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

I did have A 70 challenger R/T FY1 with A black painted roof V02 option. until my brother took it and totaled it.

anlauto

I like odd combinations of options....
Like this third sunroof Challenger I'm doing....
Guy ordered a
SUNROOF
Rim Blow
Pedal Dress-up
Cloth Interior
Tinted Glass
etc...
BUT
No Console
No Radio
No Power Steering

:huh:

While the two other Sunroof cars I've done were both loaded ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

I think just about all of my cars have had at least one unusual option on them. This one had probably the best mix though. FM3, pink stripes, rear wing, Am8trk, hood blackout, bumper guards, rocker moldings, tinted glass, 15X7 rallyes etc. Not my photo. I owned it 18 years.
Sheldon

xx88man

My Cuda came with a Saddle Tan interior...my buddy says it only rare because nobody wanted Saddle Tan back then. LOL
Keep yer foot in it

bpsmopar

I have a FC7 70 RT convertible, U code, leather buckets, A63 moulding group, C62 six way, C15 deluxe seat belts and the kicker,  C13 front shoulder belts....it's a convertible!
A/C, power windows. 8 track, rim blow, white bumble bee.
I've had it now 15 years and it's still a favourite! :twothumbsup:

bpsmopar

Quote from: bpsmopar on April 02, 2017, 06:56:55 PM
I have a FC7 70 RT convertible, U code, leather buckets, A63 moulding group, C62 six way, C15 deluxe seat belts and the kicker,  C13 front shoulder belts....it's a convertible!
A/C, power windows. 8 track, rim blow, white bumble bee.
I've had it now 15 years and it's still a favourite! :twothumbsup:

I can't count! I've had it 25 years!  :huh:

anlauto

@bpsmopar it never ceases to amaze me the cars you have. One of these days I'm going to have to make it out your way to check them all out  :wave: :drinkingbud:

bpsmopar

For Sure! I have a sweet 68 Town & Country you can throw a sleeping bag in! Lol! :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Hemi, 4 speed, 450 wheels,  Super Track Pak, PS but no radio. Okay the guy that ordered it wanted to go fast and you don't need a radio for that. But then why the tinted windows and console? So this one is rare for the radio it didn't have.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on April 02, 2017, 07:12:19 PM
For Sure! I have a sweet 68 Town & Country you can throw a sleeping bag in! Lol! :rofl:

With the cost of flights these days, I might have to take you up on that... :rubeyes:

1 Wild R/T

I've owned a few, probably the rarest desirable car was my 71 Hemi Challenger, Originally ordered by a serviceman on Guam it had an AM-Cassette which according to Big Money Lewis is the rarest radio option, think about it in 71 Cassettes were kinda cutting edge so why buy that if you aren't buying an AM/FM radio? Well on Guam there were no FM radio stations... Also it was heater delete which apparently is pretty rare, leather interior and thats about it.... Oh, well there was an elephant under the hood, backed by a 4spd & a 4.10 Dana..... I wonder why someone would order such an odd beast... Maybe because there was half a dozen abandoned airstrips on the island & lots of bored GI's loading B52's on their way to Vietnam....

Also had a 71 A93 Deputy Pkg Challenger in FJ6 with the 198 \6 Auto.... They built 6 never mind the color add.... Had to be 1 of 1 I got it as a parts car, took what I needed & scrapped the rest, not knowing how rare it was....