Main Menu

How Rare was the C62 Option?

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 22, 2019, 12:17:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

My 70 RT has the 6 way driver's seat, C62 code and I'm wondering how popular these were and what the option cost (or if it was in the A04 group)? My other 70 RT had it also. Just curious.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

the 6-way manually adjustable LH seat track (C62) was a $33.30 OPTION on the 1970 Challenger

installation rate of 5.1% (accounting for 92% of production) ~3,915 '70 Challengers (JH & JS)

70 Challenger Lover

Wish my car had that. I'd love more adjustability in the driver seat. What does it take to add it? Special bracing or just buy the mechanism and change it out?

JH27N0B

I hear a number of people complain about it, I guess you lose headroom with 6 way?
I have 6 way in my convertible, am tall, and it's never bothered me even on the rare occasion I have the top up.

70 Challenger Lover

I've wondered about the headroom issue. That would probably be a deal breaker for me. I'd just like a touch more recline on the back but I guess I could put a small shim under the front bolts

7E-Bodies

This is the second Challenger I've had it in. I'm 6'-2" and it's never been an issue. I like it.

7E-Bodies

340challconvert

I bought the 6 way seat track and a set of original under floor brackets years ago.  Looking to eventually clean them up and install them in my A66 vert.

Barry Washington has an excellent installation article
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/installing6wayseatadjuster.shtml

Also restorick sells all the 6-way seat parts (minus the track unit) http://restorick.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6WaySeatBr

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

7E-Bodies

@340challconvert excellent articles. Thank you. I bought my current car already disassembled and even though I've had many of these cars apart in various stages, there are still occasional head scratchers such as these.

benlavigne

I have it in my A66...
So it moves forward, backwards, rocks forward and backwards... What are the other two ''Ways'' ????  :thinking:

Ben

7E-Bodies

Up/down if I remember correctly. I bought my current project disassembled and it's been 30 plus years since I drove the last one. My current seats are like new, but are sitting on pallet racks awaiting their day.