Main Menu

Rare option?

Started by SF-Resto, November 27, 2017, 06:07:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SF-Resto

Not a E but never seen this on a Bee

Cuda Cody

Do you know if it was factory?  There's a member on here that has at least 3 factory sun roof E-Bodies.  It's a super rare option on any old mopar.   :yes:

1 Wild R/T

No chance in hell thats original....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SF-Resto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 27, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
No chance in hell thats original....

That looks pretty original to me

anlauto

The switch and the formed header look like original ASC pieces, but I doubt the factory installed it. At any point in the car's history, it could have had it professionally installed, maybe even sent out by the dealer in 1969, but it wasn't a factory option.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

SF-Resto

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2017, 06:16:47 PM
The switch and the formed header look like original ASC pieces, but I doubt the factory installed it. At any point in the car's history, it could have had it professionally installed, maybe even sent out by the dealer in 1969, but it wasn't a factory option.

Alan, here's more

anlauto

I don't doubt it's an ASC roof, I'm just saying it's not a factory option.

1 Wild R/T

ASC was installing Sunroofs as early as 1965 but at that time they were exclusive to Ford.... By 69 they were doing other makes, but they were metal panels not glass... The glass panels didn't show up till 74-75 time frame and at that point it was only on Lincolns & Thunderbirds...

anlauto

Here's a history lesson for you...looks like 73 introduction of the glass panel (you were close Mr. Wild).....Interesting picture....The guy is standing in a (72) Cuda.... http://automotivemileposts.com/aschistory.html

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2017, 06:41:48 PM
Here's a history lesson for you...looks like 73 introduction of the glass panel (you were close Mr. Wild).....Interesting picture....The guy is standing in a (72) Cuda.... http://automotivemileposts.com/aschistory.html

Ok 73 one model only, 74 it became more available...  But it didn't come on a 69 B body...

SF-Resto

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2017, 06:30:32 PM
I don't doubt it's an ASC roof, I'm just saying it's not a factory option.

Alan I found these pictures in Jules files, there's was also a pic of the car B-Sheet, Jules had circle the 9 ??? any idea

anlauto

We would need @6bblgt opinion on that one...

I remember Jules also talked of a green 71 Cuda with a factory sunroof :thinking: I remember seeing pictures of it too...another unexplained car.

6bblgt

nice well optioned CANADA spec. 1968 Super Bee, but as already stated not a factory installation when new

the circled "9" is the stripe code - "319" bumble bee stripe DELETE

it appears there are a couple 1968 Chargers that Chrysler had ASC put sunroofs in (test fits?? for 1969 production??) & AFAIK '69 was Charger ONLY, '70 -'71 ONLY e-body was Challenger

autoxcuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 27, 2017, 09:39:33 PM
nice well optioned CANADA spec. 1968 Super Bee, but as already stated not a factory installation when new

the circled "9" is the stripe code - "319" bumble bee stripe DELETE

it appears there are a couple 1968 Chargers that Chrysler had ASC put sunroofs in (test fits?? for 1969 production??) & AFAIK '69 was Charger ONLY, '70 -'71 ONLY e-body was Challenger

And IIRC after years tracking the car he found it to be not original equipment.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...