Main Menu

So who has a car coming out this summer for the first time?

Started by Brads70, April 04, 2017, 06:28:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

well for me I depends on when I get the Hemi back from forhemisonly. the rest of the car is basically just sitting and waiting. Should not take more than a few days to get it in and get it running, also this week I'll be going over everything to make sure its tight.

I am shooting to have it done for new hamburg but I have been saying that for 3 years lol But have a shot at it this time.

blown motor

Quote from: cordodge on April 05, 2017, 12:25:06 PM
I am shooting to have it done for new hamburg but I have been saying that for 3 years lol But have a shot at it this time.

:woohoo:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

This will be the first summer owning my '69 Sport Satellite Convertible, in fact the first summer owning a convertible since my first car ('77 CJ7, not really a convertible but I took the top and doors off all summer so it was to me)   8)

cataclysm80

Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2017, 12:10:25 PM
Quote from: cataclysm80 on April 05, 2017, 11:09:52 AM
Finishing up a 70 Roadrunner soon.
I remember seeing it rotting away on the edge of a field by some woods more than 20 years ago.  I didn't own it then.
The previous owner had owned for about 20 years I think, and most of that time it was off the road.

Looking forward to starting on my Challenger next.

ohhh I'd like to see some pictures of that! :takepicture:

The previous owner got it used when he was 18, street raced it pretty seriously (did some jail time for that), big fender bender that got into the cowl and bent a frame rail, blew the engine, swapped in a bigger engine with an auto transmission, and an air grabber hood from a GTX, repainted the car yellow and drove it into the ground.
Then it just sat for many years, out behind a mutual friends property because the owner​ didn't have a place to keep it.
The friend was a machinist who did some custom motorcycle work on a 1965 Harley Panhead for me.  I overpaid him, and instead of getting my change back, ended up hauling the Roadrunner home.  I'm really an E body guy, so it just sort of sat around until about a year ago when I considered selling it, and just decided to fix it up instead.

Originally, it's a plum crazy 383 pistol grip console four speed with white bucket seat interior, rallye dash, factory tinted windows (no air conditioning), woodgrain steering wheel, light package, stereo 8 track player, and 3.55 sure grip performance axle package with Max cooling 26 inch radiator.  It's a hardtop, not a post car.
Going back mostly original with it.  Decided to keep the air grabber hood with V21 performance hood stripes. :)

Had to take it pretty far down due to the rust and collision damage.  The black metal in these pics are pieces that have already been replaced.
Here's a few pics.
The last pic is a toy car which resembles what the final product should look like.

Brads70

Crocha617

This one is new to me but it only has a handful of miles on it. I can't take the credit for the restoration I only installed the billboards and did a few things.

76orangewagon

Quote from: Crocha617 on April 05, 2017, 04:28:46 PM
This one is new to me but it only has a handful of miles on it. I can't take the credit for the restoration I only installed the billboards and did a few things.

Beautiful car

cataclysm80

Quote from: cataclysm80 on April 05, 2017, 03:47:43 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2017, 12:10:25 PM
Quote from: cataclysm80 on April 05, 2017, 11:09:52 AM
Finishing up a 70 Roadrunner soon.
I remember seeing it rotting away on the edge of a field by some woods more than 20 years ago.  I didn't own it then.
The previous owner had owned for about 20 years I think, and most of that time it was off the road.

Looking forward to starting on my Challenger next.

ohhh I'd like to see some pictures of that! :takepicture:

The previous owner got it used when he was 18, street raced it pretty seriously (did some jail time for that), big fender bender that got into the cowl and bent a frame rail, blew the engine, swapped in a bigger engine with an auto transmission, and an air grabber hood from a GTX, repainted the car yellow and drove it into the ground.
Then it just sat for many years, out behind a mutual friends property because the owner​ didn't have a place to keep it.
The friend was a machinist who did some custom motorcycle work on a 1965 Harley Panhead for me.  I overpaid him, and instead of getting my change back, ended up hauling the Roadrunner home.  I'm really an E body guy, so it just sort of sat around until about a year ago when I considered selling it, and just decided to fix it up instead.

Originally, it's a plum crazy 383 pistol grip console four speed with white bucket seat interior, rallye dash, factory tinted windows (no air conditioning), woodgrain steering wheel, light package, stereo 8 track player, and 3.55 sure grip performance axle package with Max cooling 26 inch radiator.  It's a hardtop, not a post car.
Going back mostly original with it.  Decided to keep the air grabber hood with V21 performance hood stripes. :)

Had to take it pretty far down due to the rust and collision damage.  The black metal in these pics are pieces that have already been replaced.
Here's a few pics.
The last pic is a toy car which resembles what the final product should look like.

I made a full thread for this car if anyone is interested in seeing more pics.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/tav-1970-road-runner/3472/