Main Menu

SOLD!

Started by blown motor, November 17, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

So, it finally happened, eh? Oh, you rascal, you! I think I see a later life career in videography for the boy from Mitchell? An early Christmas present! Let me know if we're going on any more "inspection tours", eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

700 AKN

Wow, that is a surprise.  I'm sure you will miss it a bit at first, but that will pass quickly.
There is a lot of stress in farming and all the rules you have to follow too for pesticides, and new Corn fungus disease, storms, heat, wind, mother nature at her worst.
Enjoy your new found freedom and thank the man above for each & every day because you earned it.

nsmall

Congratulations!!!  How about some pics of the farm?  How big was the farm if you dont mind me asking?  Are you homeless now?  Again, congrats as 35 years is one heck of a commitment. 

blown motor

The farm was only 100 acres. Last year we sold a 75 acre farm to our son. At one time I ran a little over 700, most of it rented. We have been harvesting around 2500 for other farmers. My son does custom planting and I think he does about 1600 or 1800 per year.
A month ago the people that bought it said I could stay in the house if they got the farm. I need to firm that up with them. There is nobody new starting to farm because you just can't afford to, so quite often when a farm sells the new owners don't need the house.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

In my area, when a farm sells...they take the 100 acres and put 1000 homes on it with a price tag in the $800's....or $800,000,000.00 worth of homes....It's happening right across the street from us...I'm not really exaggerating, my home sits on a 40' X 116' lot ..or 1/10 of an acre  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Got to put all of the immegrants somewhere & get them chained to debt

RUNCHARGER

One of the few things they did right in B.C. Farmland is in an agricultural freeze and can't be taken out.
Sheldon

blown motor

It's mostly the same here except around the cities. Somehow the developers can get the zoning changed but the average person can't. I wouldn't even be allowed to build a second house on my farm for a family member.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

Congrats on the sale & best wishes moving onward & upward  :twothumbsup:

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Cudakiller70

Wishing you the best on whatever your next move is!
I am just about surrounded by farm land. A lot of farm land is being sold here as well. Rumored being sold to pot growers, we'll see. This area is zoned agricultural conservation, meaning you can't build on it unless it's 20 acres or more and that's for a single home and shop. But we'll see how long that holds out as they are trying to build a new high school about 2 miles from here. Have you seen any high schools not surrounded by homes eventually? At least not around here, so many new homes being built near by it's incredible. Developers can and do seem to get changes to zoning they want, nothing stays the same forever.

YellowThumper

Congratulations on the sale and best wishes for your next adventure.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

Thanks for the answers.  You guys are big time, well were.  Congratulations again.

Burdar

Congrats!  How long did it take to sell?  Good luck on what ever you decide to do next.

js27

Congrats and best of luck with the next page in your life.
JS27

Plumcrazy72

Congrats murray. that will be a big change in life, enjoy whatever you feel like doing that day.
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel