Main Menu

Someone who truly needs to move away from the snow....

Started by 1 Wild R/T, December 22, 2018, 07:40:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

:haha:  wouldn't survive up here. Someone would reach in , take the keys and say sorry your simply too stupid to own a vehicle!

Haha, saw this one before, think he loses his phone also.

Chryco Psycho

Jay Bee

JS29

I call that job security!!! you know there it damage down the hole right side of that jeep.   :wrenching:

Morty426

Katfish

I'm a native Floridian and never have driven in snow.
What's the right way to get out of that situation?

blown motor

Most likely he doesn't have snow tires, they would help a lot. Spinning the tires to that extent just makes it worse. It turns the snow under the tires to ice. He need to shovel a bunch of that snow out of there. He shouldn't turn the wheels so much either. Angle out gradually so the back wheels are in the same track as the front wheels as much as possible, less rolling resistance.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

Little work with a shovel, light throttle, back & forth if needed... Better tires would be a big help but sand, gravel or even wood chips thrown under the tires all help... Mostly though a driver with skills... My family lived in Alaska for six years, my dad never had chains or anything special really other than a few hundred pounds of sand in bags he drove a 57 Nomad with bias ply tires & just by driving smoothly he took us everywhere with no problems...

Brads70

all he needed to do was back up 20 feet and get traction on the bare pavement behind him.  :unbelievable:

jimynick

OR, just back out into the road onto the bare section and then try to go uphill. I wonder what the trans temp was when he finally got out?  :rolleyes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Burdar

He also could have used a couple floor mats under the front tires.  I've used that trick before.

xx88man

I have to agree that he lacks some driving skills. What gets me is..... in today's society why would people rather make a video of this to put on the web instead of going to offer help to someone that needs it?!?
Keep yer foot in it

JS29

Quote from: xx88man on December 26, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
I have to agree that he lacks some driving skills. What gets me is..... in today's society why would people rather make a video of this to put on the web instead of going to offer help to someone that needs it?!?
That is today's society! We would not have America's funnest home video's with out people like that. :alan2cents: