Main Menu

Specific E-body Convertible Group

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, April 18, 2020, 08:17:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

I'm for a section here for just convertible, but really so much of this site applies to things that all convertibles also share with lowly hardtops.  ;)

I can't imagine a totally separate convertible only would have enough traffic.  I'd be here more.

I'd certainly join a Facebook page, but doubt it would be as informative as here.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on April 18, 2020, 11:10:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised of Ola Nelson has something already going on Facebook ?

@cudaize

E74cuda

I'd like to see a convertible section here also

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

erik70rt

On the last post on this topic I said I would start one and I did on Facebook.  In no way is it meant to compete with this site/Facebook page.  We are up to 50 members now, so feel free to look it up.  Mopar E-Body Convertible Forum
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks Eric. I didn't find it the other day so I started one. You're off to a good start. I posted the link to your group on mine in the hopes of moving everyone to your site.

The idea of a vert only section on this forum may not be all that helpful. This site has 2000 members. The sister Facebook group Cody created sometime back has over 10000 members. It also gets a different kind of traffic there than here. Here is far more detailed and technical whereas the Facebook thing is more for just mindless and fast scrolling through pictures and stuff while you're drinking coffee.

Not a Facebook junkie by any means but you can't deny it's relevance. I belong to quite a few car groups in there and some have over 50000 members. The parts groups and cars for sale groups are also pretty nice. There are specific Mopar cars for sale groups and the deals I see in there are sensational.

Reading some of the comments in here is kinda amusing. Neither really is meant to replace the other. They are just different and useful in their own way. If I were looking for a car to buy, I'd find 500 on Facebook for every one in here. On the other hand, if I wanted detailed instructions or thoughtful advice on a repair, this forum is the place to go. The advice I see on the Facebook posts is laughable sometimes.

I put almost nothing about my personal life on Facebook and put very little on my own personal page. It can be useful to stay connected to people through their messaging app. Oddly enough, I choose to unfollow almost everyone (you're still connected to them but you don't see their posts unless you deliberately look them up). The reason? Far too many people use it as a platform to rant about politics or share a picture of their meal. And they don't realize no one is looking at it because they have been unfollowed for posting stupid stuff. No, Facebooks only true purpose is to look at mountains of car stuff every morning.

Bpret

I don't have Facebook so I would love to see it here.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Bpret on April 19, 2020, 01:37:37 PM
I don't have Facebook so I would love to see it here.

You could get it though. It's free. And then you could see awesome cars in other locations too. Sort of like having more than one magazine subscription.

JH27N0B

I disagree, it's far from free.  Mark Zuckerberg didn't become a billionaire by performing a public service.  When you register and start posting, Facebook harvests your data and sells it to the highest bidder.
The thing about privacy is, that once you lose it, you can never get it back.   :alan2cents:
There's groups on Facebook I'd like to join, and I'd like to buy and sell on Facebook marketplace.
But my privacy, along with some other things I'd like to avoid like the plague, like having to see Facebook friends posting pictures of their dinner, 10 year olds soccer game, or their "enlightened" political crap, etc, make the cost outweigh the benefits for me!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 19, 2020, 06:13:06 PM
I disagree, it's far from free.  Mark Zuckerberg didn't become a billionaire by performing a public service.  When you register and start posting, Facebook harvests your data and sells it to the highest bidder.
The thing about privacy is, that once you lose it, you can never get it back.   :alan2cents:
There's groups on Facebook I'd like to join, and I'd like to buy and sell on Facebook marketplace.
But my privacy, along with some other things I'd like to avoid like the plague, like having to see Facebook friends posting pictures of their dinner, 10 year olds soccer game, or their "enlightened" political crap, etc, make the cost outweigh the benefits for me!

Couldn't have said it better... :drinkingbud:

JS29

Mr Cuda

Whatever happened to starting  a  convertible group.   Not on Facebook,  haven't looked on Facebook for a convertible group.  Link on page one goes nowhere.
  I have emailed Ola for a bit of info,  but it would be interesting to have something like the A66 thread to check out.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1971Y13

Quote from: Mr Cuda on May 06, 2022, 08:12:46 PM
Whatever happened to starting  a  convertible group.   Not on Facebook,  haven't looked on Facebook for a convertible group.  Link on page one goes nowhere.
  I have emailed Ola for a bit of info,  but it would be interesting to have something like the A66 thread to check out.
A link to the FB group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/518462179030164
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on May 06, 2022, 08:12:46 PM

You can always start a Convertible topic thread on here for owners to check in and comment....if it takes off, ask Cody to stick a pin on it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration