Main Menu

Started re-watching Roadkill again.

Started by Swamp Donkey, March 26, 2018, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Not much more to say.  Was waiting for episode 74 to come out.  And I thought what the heck, I never watch any show or movie more than once. Most of the episodes I was probably half asleep for anyways because I would watch them right before I went to bed and remembered dropping my iPad on myself more than once.  Episode 1 is already done!  Haha. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

303 Mopar

The first 2-3 seasons were the best.  It has gone down hill lately.  :alan2cents:

I also find it ironic that when they raced against Gas Monkey, they bashed them for being a "big corporate tv show" with a bunch of lawyers and they could do anything they wanted because they were just a little YouTube show. Now Hot Rod pulled them and a bunch of Velocity channel shows to their own network on the internet and off YouTube, and are making everyone pay to watch or you have to sit through a ton of ads.  Its what happens when you start making money I guess.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 26, 2018, 07:34:55 PM
The first 2-3 seasons were the best.  It has gone down hill lately.  :alan2cents:

I also find it ironic that when they raced against Gas Monkey, they bashed them for being a "big corporate tv show" with a bunch of lawyers and they could do anything they wanted because they were just a little YouTube show. Now Hot Rod pulled them and a bunch of Velocity channel shows to their own network on the internet and off YouTube, and are making everyone pay to watch or you have to sit through a ton of ads.  Its what happens when you start making money I guess.

Glad you like Roadkill, we work hard on that.

And it has only gotten better season over season.

It wasn't Hot Rod, it was The Enthusiast Network, which is now owned by Discovery.

Unfortunately YouTube has changed significantly over the past few years, and it didn't make sense to stay there anymore.  We lost money having it on YouTube.  Roadkill will still be free on MotorTrendonDemand.com after 8 weeks.  Yes there are ads.  You can get a monthly subscription now and get everything in the library including Roadkill Garage and Roadkill Extras for 2.99 a month or I believe $25.00 for the year, and it is ad free.

Here we were working on Blasphemi during Roadkill Nights this past August.  And then racing it.

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

303 Mopar

Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on March 26, 2018, 10:23:41 PM
Here we were working on Blasphemi during Roadkill Nights this past August.  And then racing it.

Thanks for the clarification, I understand it's business and people need to get paid.  I really did like this part of the episode, it reminded me of the older Roadkills where they were just thrashin' to get the car done to race it.  I think adding Dulcich and Tony has helped too.  I really like Hot Rod Garage with Lucky and Tony too, they show some great stuff!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 27, 2018, 07:19:04 AM
Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on March 26, 2018, 10:23:41 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I understand it's business and people need to get paid.  I really did like this part of the episode, it reminded me of the older Roadkills where they were just thrashin' to get the car done to race it.  I think adding Dulcich and Tony has helped too.  I really like Hot Rod Garage with Lucky and Tony too, they show some great stuff!

I still do believe that there has been a lot more good then bad in the past few seasons.  The disgustang episodes, Stubby Bob revived, Firebird fiasco, Willy Jeep rebuild. 

Not saying they are all gold, but definitely entertaining.

Here's all my behind the scenes photo galleries from Roadkill stuff I've been a part of.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157691866177282/

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

1 Wild R/T

Best episode was the ice race in Alaska....

Brads70

Hopefully Blasphemi  does better at Dragweek. We were pitted a few cars down from him at Gateway.  Not sure what happened heard it was a rod issue?  :o

Swamp Donkey

About a year ago I binge watched all the episodes until I was caught up to real time.  Episode 2 is down and I don't recall any episodes that I will actually skip.  There is always something interesting going on that I wish I was doing/driving.  Maybe I am torturing myself watching people have way to much fun.  I was almost inspired to buy a 2500 dollar 1973 dart swinger with the slant 6 that seemed to be in pretty good condition and put my 340 from my cuda in it and have some fun á la roadkill.  But then I thought the 2500 would go better towards the cuda and my common sense killed
My dreams!  Haha.  Thanks for the updates Ryan. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Brads70 on March 27, 2018, 05:27:00 PM
Hopefully Blasphemi  does better at Dragweek. We were pitted a few cars down from him at Gateway.  Not sure what happened heard it was a rod issue?  :o

Not my fault.....

It dropped a valve in the old cylinder heads and took out 2 cylinders.
Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

Brads70

Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on March 28, 2018, 07:05:02 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on March 27, 2018, 05:27:00 PM

Not my fault.....

It dropped a valve in the old cylinder heads and took out 2 cylinders.

Ouch, that will leave a mark!  :thumbdown:

TheAutoArchaeologist

And he had a set of brand new Edelbrock Hemi Heads sitting there, just didn't have time to put them on.

It ran fine after I wrenched on it, that's all that matters.

I helped fix the General Mayhem before as well.

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org