Main Menu

1970 Charger

Started by dodj, February 04, 2021, 04:48:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

1970 charger project car. Originally 440 (owner claims). Looks complete from 20 foot photo. Trans not listed. 360 in it now.
Assume salted roads kind of rust. 12k asking.
Haven't seen it in person yet. Is it a reasonable ballpark asking price?
Engine letters in VIN same as ebody?

What kind of $$ are bbody projects commanding now?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Where's the car located ? I know a guy in Winnipeg that could be interested :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

In 1970 the engine code for a 440-4 was T and for a 440-4 HP was U.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on February 04, 2021, 05:05:03 AM
Where's the car located ? I know a guy in Winnipeg that could be interested :dunno:
I'm interested,  so..... I'll tell you later  :bigthumb:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

12K is a reasonable price for what you have listed is there.  I bet you could resale it for 20.  The chargers are bringing ridiculous monies in my opinion. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

xx88man

:iagree: they are bringing huge money right now. I actually know about a 69 RT that I'm exploring right now
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Agree: $12k for an R/T is on the low side for a project so I would consider it needing everything like they all do. Might be just a 318 body that had a 440 in it at one time though.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

15 years ago I sold my R/T SE 440 4 spd dana track pack complete car needing everything gone thru but all parts there for $10k, body was solid but dented  :Thud: