Main Menu

Stephen Hawkins dead

Started by Topcat, March 13, 2018, 10:11:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

That guy was wizard level smart when it comes to understanding stuff.   :brainiac:  RIP.

bluespruce

cuda hunter

Really unfortunate.  His knowledge will be missed.

We must remember that his biggest fear was  Artificial Intelligence.

Sad day for sure.....
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ZEN357

Was very sorry to hear of his passing.  One of my good friends Mother's died from Lou Garrigs disease.  It killed her in a matter of months, how he fought it for as long as he did I'll never know.

J-Code Jeni

We lost a truly great mind on Earth. RIP Mr Hawking. I've been reading his book 'A Brief History of Time' off-and-on for a bit, he does a masterful job of writing so laymen, like me, can understand really complicated stuff.

I'm with @ZEN357 ; over the years, I've marveled at Stephen's ability to last & truly thrive in spite of ALS. My Aunt deteriorated so severely and was gone within 3 years... it's a terrible way to go. I have to imagine it was his resources ($$) and intelligence that made the difference; I've never heard of another ALS patient living so long and continuing to contribute so fully.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Spikedog08

Prayers to his family!  Truly he had a challenging life and faced many difficulties!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Burdar

This has actually hit me kind of hard.  I love looking up at the stars and researching how the universe works.  I just wish I was smart enough to understand more of it.   

71-440

R.I.P. Mr. Hawking.

A great scientific mind lost. :andyangel:

Besides being outspoken against A.I. he also was outspoken against us beaming messages
as to who and where we are across the universe.
Joe

JS29

HP_Cuda

RIP  :andyangel:

Not only one of the brightest minds of our times but the fortitude to live 51 years after being diagnosed with ALS says volumes about him.

I'm sure he would want us to continue to look to the stars.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

340challconvert

Brave and Brilliant Man who contributed to world knowledge in a powerful way, while he strongly overcame the disability of ALS. He was always  :thinking: :thinking:
Rest In Peace!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

superdave

An amazing mind lost. I'm with him on the AI issue. Still trying to get through "A Brief Histery of Time" very interesting read. I had heard a few yeats ago he had been undergoing some kind of experimental treatments for quite some time.

Topcat

As the O.P of this thread I also would like to add gratitude and a personal moment of silence in his honor.
RIP Stephen. 

I love to run into shows about the Universe type stuff and it is truly amazing the breakthroughs he accomplished.

His Wikipedia is almost a book in itself if you went to every footnote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking