Main Menu

Temporary distraction from Challenger

Started by YellowThumper, April 15, 2017, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Well...
Couldn't say no to this. It is abandoned project by my brother.
Don't have time or space for it. However my wife is approving of this. It actually was her idea to accept.
I have a great wife... :inlove:
Brand new never had fluids added crate 302 from 1989.
Rebuilt Top loader. All new weather stripping. Most all the chrome is new. New dash pad. New instrument cluster. Disc conversion, most of the interior is new, new fuel tank, etc...
He was great at taking things apart and buying stuff. Not so good on the reassembly.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

RUNCHARGER

I like those, crisp lines and it's a SBF, 4 speed. Great car.
Sheldon

anlauto

So you're going to finish it and give it back to him right ? :happybday:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

wannadrag

Tear Drop scoop and a straight axle and it could be cool.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: wannadrag on April 16, 2017, 10:16:25 AM
Tear Drop scoop and a straight axle and it could be cool.

Clearly you don't actually drive your car....  I have a buddy with a Falcon with a straight axle..... It goes to shows, parades & bars.... When I finish my Falcon it will be racking up miles... Like every car I build.....

J-Code Jeni

Your brother's loss is definitely your gain! That's cool- great color, clean lines, perfect condition! Congratulations on the car & having a great wife!  :twothumbsup:

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2017, 05:41:20 AM
So you're going to finish it and give it back to him right ? :happybday:
HA!  No.
He just gave it to me. So all I currently have in it is tow charge.
His wife made it impossible on him about it. She is originally from Bolivia. Very very poor family history. They are successful now. But she still equates having old things to poverty.
And above all he let her...
I will be going thru everything because he stripped everything. This includes all the hard fuel and brake lines. I planned on replacing anyway but now don't know their original paths. All window regulators are out and in a pile.  :bricks:.
Front floorboard is hacked up badly from his first install of an incorrect 4 speed. Going to replace that and weld in a correct piece as well.
Hope is that I can get it sorted over the summer and ship it off to a new home...
If it is brothers home he is eligible to get a discounted price...

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: YellowThumper on April 16, 2017, 10:30:20 AM

This includes all the hard fuel and brake lines. I planned on replacing anyway but now don't know their original paths. All window regulators are out and in a pile.  :bricks:.

Originally the fuel & brake lines are in the driveshaft tunnel... I moved mine & suggest you do as well... Regulators are pretty easy Like I mentioned before I think you should do 65 steering & probably different disc brake cause the geometry of what you have can be a problem...

YellowThumper

Thanks, yes it did look like tunnel routed. Gonna move that.
Do you have any forums to recommend for insight on this one?

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: YellowThumper on April 16, 2017, 12:26:01 PM
Thanks, yes it did look like tunnel routed. Gonna move that.
Do you have any forums to recommend for insight on this one?

Well thats kinda an odd thing... The best Falcon website for years has been TFFN but the guy who started the website is an eccentric guy who is planning to quit/shutdown the website in less than a year..... He's never accepted advertising, requests donations from members to keep it going & when he shuts it down plans to keep the web url so no one else can continue the board.... I think he's been in the Texas sun a little to long.....

jimynick

Nice car! If I was to have a Ford, that is one of the very few that I covet! With a snotty small block they're fast as hell and I remember Rankin Ford from London running one with a 427 SOHC back in the day. It was a monster.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Thing is most Ford owners have Mustangs... I'm a Mopar guy but have always liked a few Ford... A Falcon is different kinda like Mopar's are different so it appeals to me allot more than a ordinary Mustang...