Main Menu

Tesla Autopilot - Not Ready for Prime Time

Started by 303 Mopar, February 27, 2017, 09:13:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Failure of the Tesla Autopilot.  I'll keep control of my own car, thank you very much.

Cuda Cody

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 27, 2017, 09:19:52 AM
That thing was all over the place!   :o
There is no way in H3ll I would trust that . One good thing about it, you wont have time to text, spend more time watching the road. :rofl:
Get in, I'll drive

Roadman

Looks like that car would blow above the legal limit.   :))

kent_goins

I work as an engineer in Denver and we just did a test with Colorado DOT with a semi tractor trailer down I-25 for 40 to 50 miles. Total success and CDOT was sold...They want 25% minimum self driving cars on Colorado roads by 2025. They are also sold on doing a Elon Musk Hyperloop from Greely to Denver International soon.

anlauto

Good way to get pulled over for drunk driving  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

This morning I had a shocking event unfold before me.

I was sitting at a light behind a Tesla.
Light turns green. I follow behind.

As the Tesla was turning, a Man was walking in the cross walk.

Bamm!
Hit him dead center and threw him off to the side.

It was looking pretty obvious that this Driver wasn't paying attention to anything in the intersection.
This is an oncoming traffic, right of way intersection where you must be looking at all sides before proceeding forward.

Looks like the victim is gonna be O.K. A 60ish year old Man.
I truly suspect that the high tech of the car could've been a distract ant to create this situation.     :alan2cents:

Katfish

Did you hang around to give a statement to the cops?

Topcat

Quote from: Katfish on January 13, 2020, 06:52:10 PM
Did you hang around to give a statement to the cops?

Absolutely!

I was the prime witness, called 911, and flagged down a Aramark truck to get towels to help the Man.
Rough day but not as bad as his was by a long shot. Poor guy.

anlauto

In the news in Toronto the other day...I man was caught flossing his teeth at 85 mph in his Tesla on auto pilot ...charged with dangerous driving  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration