Main Menu

The CANCEL CULTURE world we are living in

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, March 12, 2021, 07:21:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

JS29

Banning Pepe' La pew is the one that gets me!  :crazytalk: 

RUNCHARGER

It's a screwy world. Freedom eroding by the minute.
Sheldon

Timmy2Tires

Mustang owners are celebrating. They are finally picking on someone else! LMAO.

JH27N0B

At least he's not going after Challengers!
It's stupid and I'm guessing a stunt the guy is doing not a serious idea.
But things certainly are getting crazy lately largely due to social media.  There been large groups that take over roads and highways in several areas recently and do mayhem, racing and drifting and such for a while, with innocent motorists stranded in the gridlock until the hoodlums finish up with their games.  Makes the fun that used to occur at Bryce road and other areas in the evening during the Mopar Nats look pretty tame in comparison. Sadly late model Chargers and Challengers have become popular among this crowd.
There's also the mobs that organize on social media and converge on their crotch rockets and ATVs and swarm by the hundreds down city streets, running red lights, terrorizing motorists and even endangering pedestrians riding down the sidewalks.
How do authorities take control of this mayhem?
In a better time they'd probably go in with force and bust some heads. But now if a cop even looks at someone funny a dozen people using their cameras on their phones will post it online and the cops get crucified. 
Add to that the huge numbers of knuckleheads that can be organized quickly on social media compared to days past where you needed to make calls or talk directly to people to organize something.
Something's gotta be done but not sure what.  Banning certain cars, motorcycles and ATVs isn't the answer though.

IRON MAN

Movies like "Fast and The Furious" are encouraging street racing. I like Los Angeles' solution to the problem. The city crushes the cars . The consequences gives new meaning to the "Furious".  :haha:

anlauto

Off Topic....I went to a storage place today and there were cars and boats on top of Sea-Cans....I couldn't figure out why....is storage cheaper up there ??? :haha: ...... so I asked the lady and she said those are people who haven't paid their bill, they use a fork lift to get the cars up there....you want your car back...you pay your bill... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 12, 2021, 08:57:37 AM
But things certainly are getting crazy lately largely due to social media.  There been large groups that take over roads and highways in several areas recently and do mayhem, racing and drifting and such for a while, with innocent motorists stranded in the gridlock until the hoodlums finish up with their games.  Makes the fun that used to occur at Bryce road and other areas in the evening during the Mopar Nats look pretty tame in comparison. Sadly late model Chargers and Challengers have become popular among this crowd.
There's also the mobs that organize on social media and converge on their crotch rockets and ATVs and swarm by the hundreds down city streets, running red lights, terrorizing motorists and even endangering pedestrians riding down the sidewalks.
In a better time they'd probably go in with force and bust some heads. But now if a cop even looks at someone funny a dozen people using their cameras on their phones will post it online and the cops get crucified. 
Add to that the huge numbers of knuckleheads that can be organized quickly on social media compared to days past where you needed to make calls or talk directly to people to organize something.
Something's gotta be done but not sure what.  Banning certain cars, motorcycles and ATVs isn't the answer though.

Well said @JH27N0B:iagree:

dodj

I don't participate in any social media, so I don't see this crap in real time.....but I guess it still trickles down to me. In all sorts of ways....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

Social media has been the worst thing to happen to society, culture and civility in the history of mankind. Hands down.
I still really like E bodies.org and several other car related sites though!  :D

Poolshark314

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 12, 2021, 08:57:37 AM

This is exactly what I was trying to say when I posted the original article of this happening with all the chargers
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 12, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
Social media has been the worst thing to happen to society, culture and civility in the history of mankind. Hands down.
I still really like E bodies.org and several other car related sites though!  :D

....and I thought I was the only one who thought this  :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

This world would be in a much better place if everyone put down their phones and iPads and actually talked to each other.

Social media has created a monster which will be hard to put back in it's cave.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

mopartaz

only going to get worse.. the inmates are running the asylum.