Main Menu

The RT went away today

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 10, 2019, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Last month I sold my 70 RT and a nice guy from Sweden came out today to pick it up after doing the SEMA show. I guess he's gonna drive it a couple hours south and put it on a boat. We spent a little time going over the car and even took it for a nice test drive. As he's getting ready to leave, my crazy neighbor a couple doors down walks over and starts chewing his ass about how she's sick and tired of listening to the car idling or being driven in the middle of the day. I let her make a fool of herself for a minute or so before interrupting to tell her that I'm actually her neighbor and not the guy she was bitching out. I also pointed out that I've been her neighbor for 15 years now. I can't wait to move out of California!

The Swedish buyer really liked the car though and it was a little sad watching it drive off forever. Apparently he has a nine car collection now so I'm sure it's in good hands.

1 Wild R/T

Sorry to see it go.... Aren't crazy neighbors fun...

70 Challenger Lover

I was half tempted to bring out the Vette with the wide open sidepipes. Those babies set off car alarms.

nsmall

I'm sure there are jerk neighbors everywhere, just seems like there are more in California.  I'm leaving CA within 4 years no matter what.

Congratulations on the sale.  There are lots of mopars in Sweden.

blown motor

Since the new owner is from Sweden it's really cool that you got to meet him.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: blown motor on November 10, 2019, 02:28:29 PM
Since the new owner is from Sweden it's really cool that you got to meet him.

I think so too. He says he's a Chevy guy but he's always wanted a Mopar so it was kinda neat to introduce him to the brand. Plus he had no idea about the reverse lock out so I probably saved him a lot of frustration!

dodj

Hopefully you gave him an ebodies.org sticker so he'll sign up and you can see how things go with the R/T.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

BFM_Cuda

Congrats on the sale.

Neighbors are great... I was inspecting a work site a few years back when the lady that lives on the next property comes over and says her dogs are going to bite someone one day and that if my company doesn't want a lawsuit, we better keep people from being on our property. We just stood there and stared at her... what can you say to stupid people?

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7212Mopar

Sorry you have that kind of neighbor. I could understand if it is late in the night but they can't compliant in the middle of the day. May be she is sensitive to noise? She should be the one to move out to the countryside.

I started and drove my car almost every weekends this year and no one complaint about it. My car is definitely not quiet when on fast idle. My next door neighbor has a 67-68 Mustang but it is stock, fairly quiet but he has to floor it to get it started and super fast idle to warm up. The loud ones are the Harleys and Porsches.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: dodj on November 10, 2019, 03:15:50 PM
Hopefully you gave him an ebodies.org sticker so he'll sign up and you can see how things go with the R/T.

I did encourage him to join. He read my thread on the car before buying so I'm sure he saw the value in having other people speak up with advice.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 7212Mopar on November 10, 2019, 04:47:33 PM
Sorry you have that kind of neighbor. I could understand if it is late in the night but they can't compliant in the middle of the day. May be she is sensitive to noise? She should be the one to move out to the countryside.

I started and drove my car almost every weekends this year and no one complaint about it. My car is definitely not quiet when on fast idle. My next door neighbor has a 67-68 Mustang but it is stock, fairly quiet but he has to floor it to get it started and super fast idle to warm up. The loud ones are the Harleys and Porsches.

She's just nuts. She and her son get into righteous screaming matches from time to time. I've seen her go off on other neighbors...guess it was my turn. Funny that I've had that car like ten years and started it often but she never said a thing until the car was minutes away from leaving forever with its new owner. I thought it was hilarious that she's chewing out some stranger who looks nothing like me. You just know he is telling that story to friends and family as an example of how Americans are just crazy.

She is gonna have kittens tomorrow when I start cutting heavy wall steel tubing with my chop saw. I have to make dozens of cuts and each cut takes between 5-10 minutes because it's so thick. That saw is so loud with that abrasive wheel that I'd have a nasty headache if I didn't wear ear muffs.

Chryco Psycho

Always sad to see them go for the last time  :bye:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 10, 2019, 06:20:37 PM
Always sad to see them go for the last time  :bye:

Good thing is I never got fully attached to the car. I personally drove it less than 120 miles and that was only recently dialing it all in for sale. Plus I have another 70 Challenger I do plan to keep and I have huge plans for it. Just needed a bit of room.

Chryco Psycho

looking forward to seeing the progress on the other 70 Challenger  :twothumbsup: