Main Menu

The RT went away today

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 10, 2019, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Now you have some money and room. :bradsthumb:

70 Challenger Lover

I already have all sheet metal except a set of front fenders. This is the first thing I need to finish. I did the front end using u channels resting on jack stands. Came out good but I want a better system for the back. I'll start a new thread once I get up to speed on the car.

The car is a JH Challenger with the hipo N code 383, factory four speed, burnt orange in and out. Surprisingly all numbers matching with build sheet and fender tag. A unique car but I decided to deviate from stock on this car. It will still retain the original power train but I'm going for a different color, some custom touches on the interior, wilwood power discs up front, US car tools full frame stiffening kit all around plus heavy duty suspension and sway bars front and back. I want the car to look amazing and handle more like a modern car. I should just get the thread started now. I'm getting jazzed just considering all the possibilities.

mopar thunder

Congrats on the sale. I always hate seeing cars leave. I sold a 1968 Camaro RS/SS to a guy in Australia years back and when they put it up on the open car trailer I about cried. Good luck with the 70 Challenger. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

js27

Congrats on the sale-It is always sad to say good bye. I sold mine in June after 22 years. You have pictures and memories and knowing it went to a good owner. As far as your neighbor goes I would have done the biggest longest smokey burn out right in front of her house and just smiled at her when she came out and then turned my back and walked away from her.
JS27

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: js27 on November 11, 2019, 09:05:05 AM
Congrats on the sale-It is always sad to say good bye. I sold mine in June after 22 years. You have pictures and memories and knowing it went to a good owner. As far as your neighbor goes I would have Did the biggest longest smokey burn out right in front of her house and just smiled at her when she came out and then turned my back and walked away from her.
JS27

I might just do that next time I take the Vette out. With the side pipes though, she might not hear tires squealing but she would smell it!

anlauto

Those Sweeds certainly like their Mopars.....a lot of them are over in that part of the world now  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2019, 10:51:31 AM
Those Sweeds certainly like their Mopars.....a lot of them are over in that part of the world now  :bigthumb:

:iagree:  Having never been there myself, I don't know what it is about Sweden that makes so many muscle Mopars migrate there. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen I am of firm belief that outside of North America Sweden has more Mopars than anywhere else! Going there to see the Power Big Meet one day is on my "bucket-list" of things to do. Now you can too 70 Challenger Lover as you now have an "in" with your Swedish buyer. With him coming to your place to pick up the car ... it would only be fitting for him to reciprocate and invite you to his place in Sweden. You can hit the Power Big Meet together, have your own interpreter, maybe he can even put you up while you're there? As an added bonus maybe he has a "crazy neighbor" too, although I doubt to the degree that you do, that can come over and give you a "sample" of the local culture! 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: RzeroB on November 11, 2019, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2019, 10:51:31 AM

:iagree:  Having never been there myself, I don't know what it is about Sweden that makes so many muscle Mopars migrate there. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen I am of firm belief that outside of North America Sweden has more Mopars than anywhere else! Going there to see the Power Big Meet one day is on my "bucket-list" of things to do. Now you can too 70 Challenger Lover as you now have an "in" with your Swedish buyer. With him coming to your place to pick up the car ... it would only be fitting for him to reciprocate and invite you to his place in Sweden. You can hit the Power Big Meet together, have your own interpreter, maybe he can even put you up while you're there? As an added bonus maybe he has a "crazy neighbor" too, although I doubt it, that can come over and give you a "sample" of the local culture!

That would be pretty cool. I feel like I've bent over backwards for him and tried to build a connection to allow me to reach out in the future. He says this is his first Mopar but the ninth classic car in his collection now. I'd love to see his other cars even if they are boring Chevys.

In the small world category, my next door neighbor of many years (this one is not crazy) just moved back to Sweden. He is from there originally but started a new family here years ago. He got a great job opportunity so they packed up and left about six weeks ago. He has seen the RT many times. I'd love to see the look on his face if the car passed him on the roadway one day. Pretty hard to miss that car.

dodj

And that '71 'cuda 'vert?....

Kinda glossed over it? Another project?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71-440

Congrats on the sale.
At least we know the Swedes have good taste in cars.

As far as crazy neighbors go sorry you got stuck with one. Mine are all cool luckily.
Joe

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: dodj on November 11, 2019, 02:52:58 PM
And that '71 'cuda 'vert?....

Kinda glossed over it? Another project?

The vert is practically done. It was nice when I got it but it needed quite a few little things. I've pretty much done all of it now though and I drive it often. I like having long deep projects when I have finished cars to drive around in. In the old days when I was poor, I had the one car and when it was under construction, all I could do was sit in it and make vroomy noises. It wasn't a pretty site.

HP_Cuda

Aren't Calif snowflake neighbors just great.

Another reason I just left a neighborhood recently. It was either I leave or I end up in Jail for what I was about to do. Besides the amount of construction in the area because of the Spaceship was driving me crazy. Oh yeah and the Apple employees who decide to not stop at stop signs was another kicker. Someone is going to get killed there.

I too will leave in a few years as everything has changed since I've lived here.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dodj

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on November 11, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
I had the one car and when it was under construction, all I could do was sit in it and make vroomy noises. It wasn't a pretty site.
:haha:
And now you have what? A Challenger, two '71 Barra(cuda) convertibles, a C2....You've done well. Congrats  :woohoo:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RzeroB

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on November 11, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
I like having long deep projects when I have finished cars to drive around in ...

The longer the better ... especially if it means spending a lot of time on the chop saw making lots of noise for your annoying neighbors benefit!!  :pullinghair:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

340challconvert

Congrats on the sale
A Challenger RT SE 440 automatic, pw, pdb, factory air car that I owned back in the 1980's was exported to Sweden. I had the original build sheet that I sent to Barry Washington in 2014 to hopefully be claimed by the current owner. I found out that the current owner's name in Sweden is Jarmo Palonen. I tried to contact the person through Linkedin and found the wrong person with the same name.
Be interesting to know if your buyer knows this person?  There are a lot of early Challengers in their country. :thinking:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible