Main Menu

They say -11 by tomorrow morning

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, January 14, 2024, 10:24:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on January 15, 2024, 02:07:47 AMWhile it's only -12C here this morning ( relatively balmy compared to out west) looking at the forecast ( for what thats worth?) this cold snap lasts about 6 days. Now back down to the basement to load up the woodstove....
It was -24* here at the western end of the province Brad.....you should be getting it there by tonight i'm thinkin'?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

While I can't match you guys degree-by-degree, we are way off the charts here in Houston.
It is currently 25 (at 5:30pm) with a wind chill at 16. The low tonight is forecast to be 13 and won't get above freezing till Wednesday. It sleeted and snowed this afternoon causing a ton of wrecks and shut down most highways.

It is quite a shock to us southerners!

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on January 15, 2024, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 15, 2024, 02:07:47 AMWhile it's only -12C here this morning ( relatively balmy compared to out west) looking at the forecast ( for what thats worth?) this cold snap lasts about 6 days. Now back down to the basement to load up the woodstove....
It was -24* here at the western end of the province Brad.....you should be getting it there by tonight i'm thinkin'?

Forecast says -7C here tonight? I suspect it's due to being closer to all that hot air coming from Ottawa?  :Stirring:

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on January 15, 2024, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: dodj on January 15, 2024, 03:13:34 PM

Forecast says -7C here tonight? I suspect it's due to being closer to all that hot air coming from Ottawa?  :Stirring:

$84,000 buys a lot of hot air. You know what I mean.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70