Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

What I would be interested in knowing is ...
After 22 pages of dialog I would bet not one person has changed their mind about what they believe one way or the other , people will either do the research or be overwhelmed & just trust someone by this point & for those doing research you either find or trust articles that back your belief right or wrong on either side .
It is your choice & no one elses business what you choose , we should just be respecting anyones decision either way not hating or attacking anybodys choice , a good start would be having the government deal with it that way .
:alan2cents:

worthywads

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 13, 2022, 07:53:11 PM
After 22 pages of dialog I would bet not one person has changed their mind about what they believe one way or the other , people will either do the research or be overwhelmed & just trust someone by this point & for those doing research you either find or trust articles that back your belief right or wrong on either side .
It is your choice & no one elses business what you choose , we should just be respecting anyones decision either way not hating or attacking anybodys choice , a good start would be having the government deal with it that way .

You are probably right, I bet many still think our previous president handled it perfectly.

Timmy C

Quote from: worthywads on January 13, 2022, 08:21:51 PM

You are probably right, I bet many still think our previous president handled it perfectly.
How is the current president handling it?  What would you do differently?  You do know that the vaccines that you tout as working well came about during the previous administration. 

dodj

we should just be respecting anyones decision either way not hating or attacking anybodys choice , a good start would be having the government deal with it that way .
You wouldn't get along with Trudeau at all CP.  :rofl:
Our family rolls with your statement. Were are about 75-25% max status. The 25% that don't want to be vaxxed are welcome in our house.
Some families are getting strained by the 'not respecting another's choice' thing though.
At Christmas I invited a young former coworker of mine over because his family was not happy with his unvaxxed status and was home alone.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: njsteve on January 13, 2022, 06:50:29 PM
Quote from: torredcuda on January 13, 2022, 10:37:33 AM
I`ve watched him also, he breaks tings down to facts, non-facts and opinions. Data can be easily manipulated - someone comes into the ICU having a heart attack and is checked and found to be covid+ and is then added to the number of covid cases in ICU even though that is not the reason the person is there and may be asypmtomatic.

FYI, my 20-something son who is home from college since Christmas (Moderna vaxed and boosted) woke up with a sore throat and a 99.2 temp yesterday morning, (Same exact mild symptoms I had two weeks ago when I had it) He's feeling better today.  Tested positive this morning. By this afternoon he was back on his gaming system yelling at his friends.  So If he got from me when I had symptoms on 12/30/21 that works out to a 12-day incubation period.

And with another flip flop on reccomendations the CDC just shortened the quarantine time from 10 to 5 days for some reason?  ::)
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda hunter

Couldn't possibly be because no one is working.

CDC cares nothing about care, they care about money. Keeping the economy going at this point since everyone sees now what is happening to this country. 

I know 5 people right now who have tested positive for covid.  Not one of them was told it was omi or delta because no one knows what it is.

So,  the cdc makes the quarantine less days claiming the omi isn't as bad as the original wuflu and delta. People are still getting delta which should be the 10 day quarantine time.

This change from 5 days from 10 days is purely how we are going to reach the herd immunity.  Not vaccines.
Let everyone get it. 
Neither hadministration handled this very well  . However the first administration handled it to the extent of getting a vaccine so fast that  it might have made a difference in the beginning.  Now that covid has mutated multiple times the vaccine means just about nothing. 
  If your going to bring the administrations in to this, let's just not forget how many good things the previous administration actually did , after they said they were going to do them.   Whereas this administratin has done literally nothing aside from executive orders removing the protections we had before FJB. 
Give me a break. 
ive me a break.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

At least the SCOTUS put a stay on the vaccine mandate for employers with 100 or more. Fauci said we are now all going to get the virus, something that a lot of us knew a long time ago. The end of this is clearly NOT more testing and more shots (what they call a vaccine) but heard immunity and making treatments available to those who need them. Almost two years in and we are in short supply of tests and treatments such as monoclonal antibodies - total FAIL of the current puppet  and his puppeteers.

worthywads

Timmy C

torredcuda

I honestly debate not to persuade others to my view but so we all learn more and hear from all sides so we can make more informed decisions for ourselves. I haven`t completely changed my views/opinions but I do see some things in a slightly  little different light. I think one thing we all agree on is there is a lot of intentional  misinformation out there along with political agenda instead of just focusing on really helping people get thru this , but I guess that is how governments operate these days unfortunately.

dodj

Quote from: torredcuda on January 15, 2022, 04:08:14 AM
At least the SCOTUS put a stay on the vaccine mandate for employers with 100 or more. Fauci said we are now all going to get the virus, something that a lot of us knew a long time ago. The end of this is clearly NOT more testing and more shots (what they call a vaccine) but heard immunity and making treatments available to those who need them. Almost two years in and we are in short supply of tests and treatments such as monoclonal antibodies - total FAIL of the current puppet  and his puppeteers.
IMO....
Evidence to me suggests there never will be 'herd immunity'. It seems to act seasonally like the flu. We have had the flu around for a long time-no herd immunity. In a little while they will stop calling it a vaccine at all and start calling it your yearly covid shot. Just like there is for the flu. And the 95% efficacy number will be replaced with a more 'real life' 40%-60% effective number.
As for any countries success regarding covid, that's up to the attitude/quality of the population behaving in a responsible manner. Gov'ts calling people who are uncomfortable getting a shot at the moment an 'anti vaxxer' or a right wing conspiracy theorist is counter productive. And mostly not true.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

:iagree: Herd immunity will only be for the current strain but it will mutate just like the flu and then we start all over.

anlauto

One thing I can't wrap my head around and would like to ask out Government about....The NEW rules for transport truck drivers...

In Canada If a vaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then go for the next load

In Canada If a UNvaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then he MUST go into self-isolation for 14 days before being able to do his next load.

If that same UNvaccinated leaves Toronto ON and drives to Kitchener ON to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load and go for the next load all day long....

What the heck does the border have anything to do with it ??? Is still an UNvaccinated person going from one place to another   :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2022, 06:50:32 AM
One thing I can't wrap my head around and would like to ask out Government about....The NEW rules for transport truck drivers...

In Canada If a vaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then go for the next load

In Canada If a UNvaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then he MUST go into self-isolation for 14 days before being able to do his next load.

If that same UNvaccinated leaves Toronto ON and drives to Kitchener ON to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load and go for the next load all day long....

What the heck does the border have anything to do with it ??? Is still an UNvaccinated person going from one place to another   :crazytalk:
Just more govt logic that is in line with their collective capability. That is, they don't have any.

The new vaccine regulation reportedly makes 16000 American truck drivers that were delivering goods to Canada, ineligible to cross the border anymore. So less goods coming across. Still the same number of people want those goods...so...inflation goes even higher - supply and demand.

Bit by bit, the present govt is legislating Canada's economy into ruins. And reducing your buying power substantially.

On a positive note, Omicron appears to be receding in a lot of places on the globe. The USA and UK are reporting dropping numbers. Canada says it's going to get worse here.  Yet the restrictions in Canada are more authoritarian/restrictive than in USA or UK. So....Do so called 'health restrictions' work?
:dunno:
To answer CP's question about anybody changing their mind. I have modified my opinion quite a bit. I was very pro-vaccine. And I have an appt for a booster. But it will likely be my last. It needs a little more study on my part, but at the moment I don't see the present vaccines as vaccines. They are nowhere near as effective as originally advertised, they don't prevent infection like originally advertised. They don't last like a vaccine. All the people I know the got covid recently (5) were vaccinated. None of my unvaxxed friends have got it. 
Lots to think over.

worthywads

Quote from: Timmy C on January 16, 2022, 02:52:05 AM
Quote from: worthywads on January 15, 2022, 07:35:40 AM
Back to 100% opinion.
So no answers?

Is that a question?  I can give you a long list of things Trump did and didn't do that Biden certainly would and wouldn't have done.

Side note, My brother and his wife were vacationing in Belize and he got covid.  She returned but he is quarantining for 5 days right now then get tested again.

My Wife got covid testing positive Christmas day, seems she and I both got a cold as well.  I have not tested positive this whole time, she finally got rid of the cold symptoms but with both boosted neither had bad symptoms.

My mom 87 years old also got covid a few days after Christmas and had very mild symptoms, boosted too.

My opinion is she and my wife 62 years old might be dead if not for vaccine, my wife has compromised lungs, pulmonary fibrosis IPF.