Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Quote from: njsteve on January 12, 2022, 07:45:06 AM
Gotta love the old "no one knows the long term effects" argument.

Well, the longterm effect is that you're still here, long term, alive. And therefore you can eventually be studied. Versus the long term effects for someone who dies of a preventable disease, now is....long term death.

That's confirmation bias at its basic form. Like the old days when someone would say "I don't wear seat belts because I survived a car crash where I was thrown from the vehicle and I survived because the car caught fire on impact and I would have died if I was still inside it." 

Well, did you interview the 9,999 other people who were thrown from their car and died as a result? No, because they weren't around to interview, therefore you get a biased result from a 1 in 9,999 positive statistic.

And yes natural immunity is a wonderful thing. But it wanes over time and puts you at risk to get the disease again when your natural immunity is at its reduced level. That is also why there are boosters for vaccines to reestablish a strong immune response level. Natural immunity doesn't allow for a booster, other than catching it again, quite possibly as a new, deadlier variant and then allowing more and more new mutations to grow in more and more people.

You dont want the vaccine, Fine, don't get it. I fully support anyone's right to make their own choice.

But don't fault other people, and blame the businesses small and large, that make decisions based on the choice you make. They have the same right to make choices that you have.

For me like a lot of people it`s all about risks - if I were 65+ , overweight or had other health issues I`d probably take the chance and get the shots. My mother is 87 and just had a pacemaker put in - she is vaxxed and soon to be boosted and for her that is the best decision. Vaccine immunity wanes and they are not sure how much protection it even gives against the Omicron varient so which is better - answer is they probably don`t know at this point. You are OK with someones personal choice but the issue is the government is not and are imposing mandates which infringes on our freedoms, hopefully the Supreme Court will see it that way and put and end to them.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Along with the new TAX, Quebec is introducing a new test you have to do as well....

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

hahhaahaha :rofl: :haha: Only in French Canada!   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

njsteve

Quote from: anlauto on January 12, 2022, 10:39:50 AM
Along with the new TAX, Quebec is introducing a new test you have to do as well....

https://youtu.be/-dxMNlSGm_g

LOL. Great video! I just watched this...and right now it is between 4 and 5pm on a Wednesday! Guess I gotta take the test now. Excuse me.

anlauto

Quote from: njsteve on January 12, 2022, 01:35:33 PM

https://youtu.be/-dxMNlSGm_g

LOL. Great video! I just watched this...and right now it is between 4 and 5pm on a Wednesday! Guess I gotta take the test now. Excuse me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :veryexcited: Don't leave it in too long either :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mopsquad

I'm a French Canadian living abroad and that video just took me right back home.   :))

340Challman

Quote from: Mopsquad on January 12, 2022, 02:15:57 PM
I'm a French Canadian living abroad and that video just took me right back home.   :))

I have to ask you a question, but first I want to say that I mean no offense. So please don't get offended or angry. It is not my intent.

You say you are French Canadian. Why aren't you just Canadian? Is it because you came from or live in Quebec? Or is it because you grew up speaking French? This confuses me in the U.S. as well. For example, Asian American or African American. I just think of us as Americans. I have to admit, I'm fairly ignorant about Canada. Typical dumb American. We are rather self absorbed. But anyway, I was just curious what makes a French Canadian.  :cheers:
Kevin

anlauto

Canada is officially a bilingual country...that's why right across Canada all of the road signs etc....are in both French and English...Therefore you have Canadians, who were here originally, that speak either French or English...I don't say "I'm an English Canadian" but I would say my Mom was a "French Canadian", it's just one of those things...pretty soon....neither one of us is going to matter.. :tired:

340Challman

Quote from: anlauto on January 12, 2022, 02:45:48 PM
...pretty soon....neither one of us is going to matter.. :tired:

Why do you say that?
Kevin

anlauto

Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 02:51:51 PM

Why do you say that?
Just a personal observation, a lot of steady immigration, so pretty soon we will be out numbered...I'm a Canadian as far back as history shows.... :dunno: but that doesn't mean much anymore... :console:

EDIT:....Both of our countries were built on immigration....nothing against that  :grouphug:

dodj

Canada is officially a bilingual country...that's why right across Canada all of the road signs etc....are in both French and English...
I'm pretty sure you have not crossed Canada, The road signs are for the most part just in english. Quebec, the Maritimes, Ottawa, are bilingual. As you go west across Ontario, french signage thins out fast.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mopsquad

Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 02:36:38 PM
Quote from: Mopsquad on January 12, 2022, 02:15:57 PM

I have to ask you a question, but first I want to say that I mean no offense. So please don't get offended or angry. It is not my intent.

You say you are French Canadian. Why aren't you just Canadian? Is it because you came from or live in Quebec? Or is it because you grew up speaking French? This confuses me in the U.S. as well. For example, Asian American or African American. I just think of us as Americans. I have to admit, I'm fairly ignorant about Canada. Typical dumb American. We are rather self absorbed. But anyway, I was just curious what makes a French Canadian.  :cheers:

Good question.  It's in the heritage not the geography.  Anglophones in Quebec are typically not considered french Canadian.

Americans aren't exposed to Canadian culture like we are to American culture (TV, news, sports etc..)  so we will know more about you than you us.  I couldn't tell you much about Swedes except that maybe they make good sex toys (Austin Powers) and they are tall and blonde. 

340Challman

Quote from: anlauto on January 12, 2022, 03:03:13 PM
Quote from: 340Challman on January 12, 2022, 02:51:51 PM

Why do you say that?
Just a personal observation, a lot of steady immigration, so pretty soon we will be out numbered...I'm a Canadian as far back as history shows.... :dunno: but that doesn't mean much anymore... :console:

B.S. Alan. If you're Canadian, be proud of it. Don't let anything diminish it. Times change, always, but it will never take away your identity or your heritage.  :canada: :unitedstates: Cheers my friend.  :drinkingbud:
Kevin

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on January 12, 2022, 03:05:13 PM
Canada is officially a bilingual country...that's why right across Canada all of the road signs etc....are in both French and English...
I'm pretty sure you have not crossed Canada, The road signs are for the most part just in english. Quebec, the Maritimes, Ottawa, are bilingual. As you go west across Ontario, french signage thins out fast.

Admittingly DID NOT know that...The furthest West I have been in my 57 years is Sarnia Ontario :alan2cents: