Main Menu

Filling Tractor Tires

Started by Plumcrazzy, May 03, 2020, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1971Y13

When I bought my Ford 7610 rear tires was filled with salted water, there where tubes in the tires so it didn't harm the rims, I just dumped it because I didn't need that extra weight.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Guscuda

I used -25 windshield washer. Let most of the air out then jack up the rear of the tractor. Go get yourself a small pump, attach tubing to both ends of the pump and pull out the valve stem. You will need an attachment on the one end of the tube to attach to the valve stem, then fill a 5 gallon bucket with washer fluid then stick the other end of the hose in the bucket and pump away. You will have to bleed the air out as you are filling the tire. You will want the tire filled about 2/3 full. It's pretty easy job, just takes a little time.

TamaRob

My dad is a fan of tractors. He knows everything about them, talks about them all the time, and never gets rid of old types of machinery. He is fond of making old things look like brand new ones. For his birthday I decided to give him a gift. People from https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk/ told me everything about the tractors, including liquid ballast fill for tires. I told my dad about the importance of having a new tractor and taking care of it properly. He finally threw away the useless pieces.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: TamaRob on February 22, 2022, 10:35:31 AM
My dad is a fan of tractors. He knows everything about them, talks about them all the time, and never gets rid of old types of machinery. He is fond of making old things look like brand new ones. For his birthday I decided to give him a gift. People from https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk/ told me everything about the tractors, including liquid ballast fill for tires. I told my dad about the importance of having a new tractor and taking care of it properly. He finally threw away the useless pieces.

Any way to get the post count up so you can start PM'ing people, huh?! Replying to a 10 month old thread!!!   :haha:

Anyway, welcome to the forum.   Stop by the new member thread and tell us about your mopar.

--Oh, and on the topic of tractor weight...I made a 3-point mounted weight box that I can fill with water.  that way, when I need the weight, I can add it easily.  When I don't need the weight, I can still mow my yard, even when it's a bit wet and soft out, without putting deep ruts in my yard.