Main Menu

What a collection this guy had

Started by Poolshark314, October 16, 2020, 09:07:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Poolshark314

https://vimeo.com/430533130

Unreal that the guy collected so many cars and left them all outside. Looked like a solid amount of Mopars in there. At the least was a Hemi GTX, RR, and I think I see some 70 Cudas at :39 seconds and at 1:28. What an amazing collection to have. Literally the Who's Who of classic American Muscle.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

CudaMoparRay

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudamadd

Awsome to see a large group of  muscle cars like this together  :australia:

Shoooter

Would be amazing to stumble across something like that

wldgtx

Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to leave that setting preserved as-is with all the cars for others to see?

Perhaps my appreciation for the nostalgia overrides my interest in seeing these cars get into the hands of those who only see $ signs.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Poolshark314

Quote from: wldgtx on October 18, 2020, 04:27:04 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to leave that setting preserved as-is with all the cars for others to see?

Perhaps my appreciation for the nostalgia overrides my interest in seeing these cars get into the hands of those who only see $ signs.

Some of these cars actually have a pretty nice patina and would be cool to run them like that, so you are not alone. The Hemi GTX for sale looks awesome as is aside from some bad body repairs on the rear quarters
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

cuda hunter

This collection is in my county.  I've ridden in the blue belvedere at 2.25.  ridden in  one of his yenko camaro's and one of his copo comaro's. 
  I tried for years to buy the only 71 barracuda's he had.  They show his house and I've sat in his yard with him for hours talking about cars.  My buddy bought a 67 gto from him and restored it.  Chuck wouldn't sell me anything.  Over and over again I tried and he just wouldn't sell anything to me. He would let me touch them, look at them and learn about them but wouldn't sell anything.

I know the collection.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Not sure.  It's been a few years since I talked to him.
He was actually buying the cars as investments for the future. 
His son or daughter were supposed to inherit the collection. 

I'll have to stop by and say hi.

Looks like they have taken several of the cars into a shop. Wonder where and why?  Maybe he is selling things.

Also it appears that he has purchased a 71 cuda in tx9.  That was what he was after for some time.
Black on black was his ultimate score as those are the rarest of colors across the board.  Vietnam and all, no one wanted black.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Poolshark314

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 18, 2020, 02:06:59 PM
Not sure.  It's been a few years since I talked to him.
He was actually buying the cars as investments for the future. 
His son or daughter were supposed to inherit the collection. 

I'll have to stop by and say hi.

Looks like they have taken several of the cars into a shop. Wonder where and why?  Maybe he is selling things.

Also it appears that he has purchased a 71 cuda in tx9.  That was what he was after for some time.
Black on black was his ultimate score as those are the rarest of colors across the board.  Vietnam and all, no one wanted black.

I don't know anything about the seller, but as far as I know, that whole collection will be for sale in the near future, 1 car at a time.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

cuda hunter

That makes sense.  He talked about selling them one day as they were purchased as investments. 

Fish Tale

Quote from: Poolshark314 on October 16, 2020, 09:07:04 PM
https://vimeo.com/430533130

Unreal that the guy collected so many cars and left them all outside. Looked like a solid amount of Mopars in there. At the least was a Hemi GTX, RR, and I think I see some 70 Cudas at :39 seconds and at 1:28. What an amazing collection to have. Literally the Who's Who of classic American Muscle.

@Poolshark314 where did you find this video?  Awesome find.

Fish Tale

Nm, I found the link in the video.  Thanks.

cuda hunter

At 1:28 you can see 2 71 cuda's.  I believe the two on the left are bh barracuda's and the right is a cuda.
If they are the same ones that he picked up years ago.  Those are the ones I tried to get my hands on.
He bought em in New York.  Popped up on ebay and he drove there that day and towed one home and drove the other as I recall.

At 1:30 when the guys are looking into the hood of the mustang the mountain on the upper right side is the mountain I stalked and took my mountain lion on.  Pretty much started on the back side of the mountain on the left and caught her up on the top of the mountain on the right.