Main Menu

Windshield wiper fix

Started by cuda hunter, April 18, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

My employee had to do this a week or so ago.  We had a 24" dump of wet snow.  Broke his wiper while he was stuck trying to get to work.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

a diaper
a key ring
and an ear bud speaker wire
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71GranCoupe

With the ability to get the rig back on the road safely, makes me think the employee is a keeper and can get almost any dilemma back on track.    :stayinlane:

Rev-It-Up

You gotta love the McGyver types! A+ for ingenuity!
Rev-It-Up

cuda hunter

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on April 18, 2017, 07:47:24 PM
With the ability to get the rig back on the road safely, makes me think the employee is a keeper and can get almost any dilemma back on track.    :stayinlane:

exactly.  Older fella.  Can't work near as hard as myself or any younger guy. but he makes up for it with his brain. 

cuda hunter

same guy
Drove like this for 3 hours.  Denver to Salida colorado

Cuda Cody

ec_co

LOL. waaaay back my buddy with the F8/F8 318 benchseat Barracuda and I were driving around in the rain and his wiper motor broke. used shoe laces tied to them and back through each window and just kept pulling them back and forth. worked until we got home, lol. fun memory
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HP_Cuda

Nice. Extra points would be given for chicken wire and duct tape.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Shoooter

Lol that's a good fix. Did he replace it yet?

cuda hunter

Quote from: Shoooter on April 19, 2017, 09:08:53 PM
Lol that's a good fix. Did he replace it yet?

good questions. I will ask at work today. 

Spikedog08

Awesome job!  Clearly an engineer . . .  :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

still using the rig up.  he said he's got over 350 miles on it.   It's raining in buena vista right now so he said he might have to actually fix it tonight. 

Shoooter

I guess that's money well spent on that fix hahah