Main Menu

Winter Projects

Started by Cudajason, October 30, 2020, 07:48:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: Burdar on November 05, 2020, 08:29:08 AM
QuoteAlso debating replacing aluminum intake with the original one so I can go back to the original hood. Current intake is an Eddy RPM and the air filter is four inches high so the hood has a big scoop on it. I think I like the look of the original hood better but to use it I either need to use a lower intake or a smaller filter. Not sure if just a smaller filter will get me low enough.

Look at your air cleaner base and see where it sits on the carb.  Some bases are raised, some are flush and some are dropped.  If the area that sits on the carb is flush with the bottom of the air cleaner, you can install a dropped base to give you more room.  That coupled with a shorter filter might give you enough clearance for the stock hood.  I'd be looking into that before I spent good money on a new intake.

@blown motor I run a drop base cleaner on mine...you are welcome to borrow it and test fit it to your set up.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

I think it has a drop base on it. I'll have to check when I get home.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

With the hood up, run a string line from fender top to fender top across the engine compartment.  That will give you a rough idea of how much you need to drop the air cleaner for clearance. 

blown motor

Ya, I had thought of that Darren but I didn't know how accurate that is.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Spots of clay will tell you everything you need to know.
This is my Mustang before hood closure. Place them where the cross bracing will be closer.
Have been doing all the same for my turbos and ducting.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Guess I won't do the carpet until I can cross the border again. Was going to order from Rock Auto but the shipping charge was going to be $130. :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Claudia

I have a long list of smalls to finish up the Cuda but I am mainly planning to tackle my pole barn this winter (at least the doors) in hopes the Cuda will have a new place to rest next winter!  :fingerscrossed:

72hemi

I have a laundry list of projects to tackle on the Challenger. We shall see how many of them I get knocked off the list. Currently have the dash out of the car to restore it. I will also be installing dynamat on the interior and a vintage air kit since I have the dash out. We shall see where the available funds go from there. I also have some suspension upgrades to do, convert to power windows, maybe install FI Tech 6 Pack EFI. It never ends lol. I am documenting everything on my YouTube channel Life at Speed, link below is to the Challenger specific videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPjX_kHl1IQqD4NCCk5177cXMvnikjTnP
Life's too short to drive boring cars

dodj

Quote from: dodj on November 08, 2020, 07:52:07 AM
Guess I won't do the carpet until I can cross the border again. Was going to order from Rock Auto but the shipping charge was going to be $130. :o
Summit has free shipping to Canada on orders over $250 so the carpet is back on the list.  :banana:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudajason

Quote from: dodj on November 11, 2020, 09:20:57 AM
Quote from: dodj on November 08, 2020, 07:52:07 AM
Summit has free shipping to Canada on orders over $250 so the carpet is back on the list.  :banana:

Oh that is new!!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Topcat

Tommy the Chryco is sending me a new Shaker Bubble and filter.

Cudajason

Well I don't know about you guys, but I have not made much progress yet this winter.

I got some exhaust work done and practiced some welding, but need a lot more practice before I finish things up.

Now that the weather has hit a bit of a warm spell and I got a few parts in today, my motivation is coming back!

More parts coming tomorrow, so that should really get me going!

Cudajason

More parts in today!

Nothing like a big box of parts to brighten the day!

The QA1 adjustable strut rods are the highlight. Not sure what I was expecting, but these are very beefy and just overall impresive!

Scooter

"Winter"? Don't think it's hit yet. Heck it's at least 70 and sunny here right now. I was planning on pulling the door cards and replacing the window roller hardware, fuzzies and rubbers but it's just been too nice to pull anything apart. It's in the shop for alignment today and I'm looking to get some new radials on it soon.

FWIW... you will really thank yourself for getting those QA1's... I have the same on all 4 corners and lovem.

:bigthumb: