Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

High horse power+ low driving skill =disaster  :thinking:

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: Looks like Randy sold this guy his exhaust tips.
Sheldon

Dynamo

Well this can be added to the list. Kevin harts Cuda.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

:bye:
Cooking in a caravan

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 05, 2019, 07:20:02 PM
:bye:
Cooking in a caravan

That's a super sad story...some idiot was camping in a Walmart parking lot, using a camp stove....they put it back in the van hot and went into the store...Their van caught fire and set fire to the van next to it....however there were two kids left in the van next to it....both of them I believe died in the fire :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

340challconvert

Chryco Psycho

WHy it is smart to replace front drum brakes

anlauto

Quote from: Mopsquad on August 07, 2019, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 30, 2019, 12:18:19 PM
Real Hemi car meets a wall on a 1/4 mile track last week.

I wonder if was some oddity like track prep or suspension failure with him being a seasoned pilot.

I wanted to revisit these pictures because I heard the story from a good friend of the owner today who was next in line, in the burn out box when this happened. It just happened this July in Norwalk.
The car launched real hard slightly down on the drivers side...The rear tire actually caught the factory wheel lip molding as it launched and that trim proceeded to cut away at the rear tire. At the top end of the track, when Ross let off the gas after running a nine second quarter...the tire let go and the car turned right immediately without warning....roughly 130mph into the wall.

Ross broke both legs in the accident. The bones behind the knee caps....He had surgery there in Ohio, but is now back home and has been out of the hospital a few weeks now, but still not putting weight on his legs.
The Hemi survived and I understand he's already been offered good money for it. The car is rebuildable but I'm not sure, at being 64 that Ross wants to bother with it.
I wish Ross ALL THE BEST in his recovery and thank Lloyd Booker for sharing this story with me toady. :andyangel: :worship:

P.S. NOT a real Hemi car. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

340challconvert