Wrecked, destroyed, mangled Mopars

Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

Hope that's not recent. Heading south on Illinois Rte 4 today (about 20 miles east of St Louis) an apparition appeared in the distance of the opposite direction northbound lane. I was trying to make out what it was ... but I couldn't. It was approaching rather quickly and it's shape and form started to become more in focus. What is that ... what the ... it's a freakin' Superbird!! Yep, a B5 blue Superbird zoomed by me going in the opposite direction!! I was more than surprised to see it ... it's been decades since I have seen one "in the wild" outside of a Mopar gathering. Never seen that 'Bird around here before ... and in all likelihood I'll probably never see it again. Sure hope it made it to where it was going okay ... and didn't wind up on that flatbed shown above! 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

I don't know anything about it , just have the picture , it looks recent for sure tho

anlauto

Does anybody know if that's the correct side view mirror for a Superbird ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

In 70 you could get either the normal chrome mirrors or the Duster type sport / racing mirrors for sure  , 1 of my Chargers as well as one of the pink Chargers was coded for it .
see picture , this is an original AB car there is another 440+6 pink car with a white roof with them as well also from AB

anlauto

Wish I had of known back in the day...When I bought my Superbird it had them on it, but painted black ( I painted them orange with some engine paint the first day I had it  :haha:)...So I thought for sure they were added, so I put the proper B Body chrome mirrors on it. I guess I could have checked the BCS :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That looks like a 70 B-body rallye mirror alright.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

benlavigne

Quote from: 340challconvert on October 16, 2019, 02:56:18 PM
:crying:

That's the 1-of-2 Hemi convertible as found in Quebec, it was re-restored recently by GYC...
A friend of mine had a chance to buy it around Fall 1972, but he passed as a Hemi convertible would not be a good driver in the Winter... He did get a 70 A66 sunroof Challenger, which he still owns...
Here is a pic of the other one, which also went through Quebec at one point and was caught in a flood in a garage!

Ben

benlavigne

Quote from: RzeroB on October 15, 2019, 12:30:05 AM
Hope that's not recent. Heading south on Illinois Rte 4 today (about 20 miles east of St Louis) an apparition appeared in the distance of the opposite direction northbound lane. I was trying to make out what it was ... but I couldn't. It was approaching rather quickly and it's shape and form started to become more in focus. What is that ... what the ... it's a freakin' Superbird!! Yep, a B5 blue Superbird zoomed by me going in the opposite direction!! I was more than surprised to see it ... it's been decades since I have seen one "in the wild" outside of a Mopar gathering. Never seen that 'Bird around here before ... and in all likelihood I'll probably never see it again. Sure hope it made it to where it was going okay ... and didn't wind up on that flatbed shown above!

That Bird you saw was probably coming back from the Aero Car reunion from last weekend... The one on the flatbed was involved in an accident on Woodward Cruise weekend a few years ago.
https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/70-superbird-involved-in-accident-returning-from-dream-cruise/

Ben

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

Quote from: benlavigne on October 16, 2019, 04:04:04 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on October 15, 2019, 12:30:05 AM

That Bird you saw was probably coming back from the Aero Car reunion from last weekend... The one on the flatbed was involved in an accident on Woodward Cruise weekend a few years ago.
https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/70-superbird-involved-in-accident-returning-from-dream-cruise/

Ben

Could be ... but IL Rte 4 is not a major road ... perhaps it was local and in the home stretch??

I bet that 50th anniversary of 'Dega get together must of been something to see. Earlier in the year I had put that on my calendar ... but like so many other events on that calendar, I just didn't make it a priority to go to ...  :bricks:
Cheers!
Tom