Main Menu

Wrecked, destroyed, mangled Mopars

Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I'm only 51 but can remember with my first Challenger in 1987ish ? going to the local wreckers in Toronto and fishing out a driveshaft on a stack of Challengers piled 3 high.  I too miss those days.... makes me feel old.

moparcar

Yeah, same memories of junk yards growing up. Most of the ones I visited "hid" their good muscle cars or parted them but saved them in some old barn or container. You had to get to know the yard owner to find out what he had for the real deal muscle. I know of a couple that had 426 Hemi and six-pack motors pulled but hidden out of site. Same with GM products. One of the yards had a true Yenko Camaro but you had to know the yard owner to see it. Good times. Now when I visit my home state (Wisconsin) those yards are all crushed. Too bad.

BIGSHCLUNK

That really SUX! But it proves my comments in a different thread about structural integrity . I'm really curious to  see what Haggerty will do with this. IMO it's now a parts car.

JS29

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on February 14, 2019, 08:30:13 PM
That really SUX! But it proves my comments in a different thread about structural integrity . I'm really curious to  see what Haggerty will do with this. IMO it's now a parts car.
:iagree:

RUNCHARGER

It might not be a parts car. Dynacorn makes a wonderful trunk floor assy with jig welded framerails that could be welded in as long as the front half can be pulled straight and they all need sheetmetal anyway.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

Not Mopar but back in the 80s at a self pull yard there were 2  full and complete skyliners. Complete with their retractable roofs intact...
Tried to purchase them but yard was not licensed to be able to sell.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Morty426

A yard in Hayward CA had a 69 4 speed RR convertible less motor.  Blue on blue PW and Power top car.  The transmission was in the car but they drug the tail shaft on the ground all the way to the yard.

It could be yours for $500

When I went back to get it was gone.  Their forklift had broken down and they traded the RR for getting it repaired. 

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2019, 07:13:46 AM
It might not be a parts car. Dynacorn makes a wonderful trunk floor assy with jig welded framerails that could be welded in as long as the front half can be pulled straight and they all need sheetmetal anyway.
You may be surprise at the rides I see weekly (at the auction) that have less damage that insurance companies put the ax too. Of course around where I am that also makes for a bill of sale/junked title

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

BIGSHCLUNK

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2019, 07:13:46 AM
IMO, it will require a ton of work to straighten everything out. Door has pushed into the front fender so it cannot be opened. I know cuda6pk says the roof is not popped up because the window is rolled down, but the window spec etching at the bottom of the window can be seen, so It looks to me like the cabin is now a different shape than stock. Other pix show torn open seams and buckles. Anything can be fixed, but not worthwhile to fix that one.  :bricks:

Like Allan says...it's why we have insurance. Buy another car.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on February 19, 2019, 10:27:05 PM
Quote from: anlauto on February 19, 2019, 08:07:13 PM
TWISTED !

Had to be a fatal................
:iagree: No attempt to cut the driver out with the jaws, no way anybody walked away from that.  :bye:

6Pack70

I'm gonna have to go with something hit that Duster while it was unoccupied.  Maybe a big truck or something.   Otherewise, I would think they would have no option but to cut the car apart to remove the driver.  My buddy's car look just as bad back in the 80s when he was awakened to the sound of a garbage truck with no brakes rolling backwards down his street and demolishing his new Monte SS. 

JS29

@6Pack70 I hope that is the case!!!!  you make a good point.