Main Menu

Kent G 1970 Challenger R/T Trackpack Resto...

Started by kent_goins, February 19, 2017, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

A few pics of my resto over the last 14 years. These things take too long :crying:

Also need help finding the Build Sheet for this car. Not sure where to post on this site for missing build sheets so here is my VIN: JS23U0E142864

A few pics from its original state to now in that order....and yes, after we blasted, to my mild horror, discovered it had been t-boned at some point in its life. Thus all the damage the previous shop tried to hide with bondo and new paint on drivers side. Cars are like a box of chocolates...just never know what your gonna get.

kent_goins

More pics...

kent_goins

and a few more...

Desmond

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

kent_goins

I do not have the fender tag as it was purchased from the previous shop in iowa under duress. I have the original owners information, but he died during resto. The family was fighting over the car and in the meantime, the shop owner put a lien on the title and transferred it to him. So, long story short,  I had a guy in Oklahoma run up to the shop, pay the outstanding bill and get the title. The son of the man who owned the car thinks he still owns the car by keeping the fender tag in his safe...so, I cannot get the fender tag. However, I did figure out 85% of the fender tag codes by much research and I think I am fairly sure of the remaining 15%. I want the build sheet to get the real story. That is my current obsession. I will tell you the car is a numbers matching 440 Track Pack with the somewhat rare A01 light package and C15 Deluxe Seat Belts. I have checked all the VIN numbers on the body panels and the title, etc....I feel very fortunate to have this show piece and am spending the money to due it justice. I can sell this car come time with no excuses. I am a perfectionist....That said, I wish I could have gotten the fender tag.

kent_goins

anlauto

I know you've probably tried, but if you can contact the owner's son, a large cash offer may appeal to him to reunite the car with the fender tag. Also promise him that you will only sell the car to him when the time comes. :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on February 19, 2017, 03:11:07 PM
I know you've probably tried, but if you can contact the owner's son, a large cash offer may appeal to him to reunite the car with the fender tag. Also promise him that you will only sell the car to him when the time comes. :takemymoney:

:iagree:

It may not work the first time, but be sure you leave your contact info. and someday you may get a call.   :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

Great photos!!!!   :clapping:   Can't wait to see this one back on the road.   :popcorn:  And love the Charger!!!!

screamindriver

Nice cars Kent !! Not sure on just how far your car was tore down when you bought it but did you have the front seats apart yet ?? Sometimes there's a build sheet behind the seat framing...

Cuda Cody

LA car... going to be slim chance of finding a build sheet.  :alan2cents: