Main Menu

1970 AAR 'Cuda all colors and registry numbers - vinyl banner!

Started by Magnumcharger, February 05, 2023, 10:32:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Magnumcharger

My fellow E-body enthusiasts! I'm offering for sale my newest creation, the 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda - all colors and numbers - vinyl banner.
Finally! After two years of drawing, updating, then updating again I have the definitive AAR Cuda banner showing each color the cars were built in, and the number of survivors in that color.

Thank you to my friend Jeff Bangert for providing the numbers - (several times) of what the cars should look like, and answering many questions about available options!
https://aar.com
Banners are printed on HD 16oz banner vinyl, with metal grommets and UV-fade-resistant inks. Small size: 24" x 60" - $125US, Medium size: 36" x 90" - $225US, Large: 48" x 120" - $450US
Click on the link to go to my webstore!
Thanks!
https://automolove.ca/shop-the-store/ols/products/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda---all-colors-and-numbers---vinyl-banner

cuda hunter

That's pretty cool! 

I was unaware there were only 20 colors used for AAR's.   Interesting.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

I think there was at least one petty blue one too, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda hunter

Isn't petty blue on there? 
I see petty, B3 and B5 .   Or is the darker blue a b7? 
Anyone seen a B7 aar? 

bump for the sale
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I've never heard of a Petty blue AAR.  I've seen pictures of a B7 AAR.  That seems to be the rarest color for both AARs and T/As. Has anyone ever heard of a 999 code AAR?
I saw a Petty blue T/A at a Mopar day show ages ago, before I knew how to read fender tags. I later found out that car had been repainted to that color.
Though I've heard rumors a 999 coded T/A has been documented.  I don't know what special color it was painted. Some west coasters remember a silver T/A running around the SF area in the 70s so possibly that was it?
Jeff Bangerts AAR registry site has pictures of almost every color AAR.
https://www.transamcuda.com/gallery/

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Magnumcharger

The numbers I got from Jeff were the most recent compilation and based on the amalgamation of his database with another from a different individual. All of the cars in his current registry are actual vehicles, with VINs and owners.
There's a four-way tie for the scarcest color in the group, and that being one (1) each of BL1 (Sandpebble Beige), DY3 (Yellow Gold), EB3 (Ice Blue Ploy) and FY4 (Citron Mist Poly).
The highest numbers are FE5 (Rallye Red - 245), FY1 (Lemon Twist - 192), EV2 (Tor Red - 132), and FC7 (Plum Crazy - 131).

Altogether, not a lot of cars!

(There were no code 999 cars, or Petty blue AAR's built).

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Magnumcharger

I'm looking forward to providing another artwork for you and your customer Alan!

R/T's 4 R/P

It's awesome...but I will hold out for a TA version is that ever happens.. 😏
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

R/T's 4 R/P

Sweet!
I had looked at the site and didn't find it, so thanks

I do know there were a couple of 999 paint code TAs. Barry had some information.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

I love the vinyl banners, don't get me wrong, but if you printed these images "poster" size on quality paper, with an affordable price, you would likely sell a million of them. :alan2cents:  You know...at Carlisle or Moparfest...$10-$15 each... :takemymoney:

R/T's 4 R/P

Are the 'known remaining' numbers of cars what actually exist in the registries as useable cars? Or could some of that number just be VINs that may still be out there?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

JH27N0B

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on February 11, 2023, 05:44:27 AM
Are the 'known remaining' numbers of cars what actually exist in the registries as useable cars? Or could some of that number just be VINs that may still be out there?
I asked Barry sometime back if he had numbers on actual existing cars and he said no, he had no idea on that number.
He and I'm sure Jeff also, get information anywhere they can on cars, and that includes people giving them information on their cars or cars they used to own, info off broadcast sheets people find in their car for other cars, VINs off engine blocks, the sales records from Mr Norms and likely some other dealerships that still were kept, and he even got information from the old SIAC club of cars member's registered there 40 years ago that in some cases don't still survive. I would wager that not much over half of the cars Barry has in his database are known existing cars if the truth could be determined.