Main Menu

Ride height

Started by 1970 cuda Joe, April 25, 2024, 04:57:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 cuda Joe

Can somebody please direct me to where I can find ride height specs for my BS23 1970 cuda? Thanks again, Joe
1970 cuda 440-6, 4 speed NOM. Moulin Rouge

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

1970 cuda Joe

cuda hunter.
I'm blind from reading :) but thank you. All great information...even alighment specs for my bias ply tires. Thank you, Joe

cuda hunter

Glad I can help. 
Please share pictures at some point!

1970 cuda Joe

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 26, 2024, 08:12:11 PMGlad I can help. 
Please share pictures at some point!

These pictures?...Thanks, Joe

cuda hunter

Pictures of your car.  Or progress pictures here and there as you go . 

cuda hunter

I like that!!  Great look!

MoparCarGuy

Thought I would add the guides I put together to this thread if anyone did not want to go through the other threads. Should answer Cuda Joe's question on setting ride height. Also, included the service manual section for same info.

1970 cuda Joe

Thank you for posting it this way. It actually is a little clearer for me. I'm almost at that point where I need to address that problem. The alignment guy wants me to get the ride height correct before he aligns it for the bias-ply tires. Thank you, Joe

MoparCarGuy

Are you absolutely sure you want to run the Polyglas GT's?
I have a set for show but they are the worst for driving the car. Tracks into every groove in the road and wanders all over the place.
A set of modern radials are lightyears better in comfort and handling. Something to consider.

1970 cuda Joe

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on May 20, 2024, 04:55:41 PMAre you absolutely sure you want to run the Polyglas GT's?
I have a set for show but they are worst for driving the car. Tracks into every groove in the road and wanders all over the place.
A set of modern radials are lightyears better in comfort and handling. Something to consider.

Positive. I have bias ply tires on my 68 & 69 Camaros & they ride just fine...not perfect. The radials pick up bigger rocks then the bias ply. The alignment specs are different for bias tires also. Thanks for your thoughts....Joe