Main Menu

You will never believe this.....

Started by Mickm, September 01, 2017, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

Well, I have never consider myself a lucky person from the aspect that I have never had my name drawn for a prize in a drawing or anything similar.
Today, something happened that made me feel very lucky.

I bought my 'Cuda  three and a half years ago. When I purchased it, the owner/restorer told me he did not know where the build sheet was but it thought he had left it in the top of his tool box and mice had eaten it.  To make a long story short, I bought the car without it.

Now, fast forward three and a half years and I get the following text today.

"Your not going to believe what I found today while moving.  I will put it in the mail to you first thing in the morning".

I was stunned. First thing I did was go check the vin # and sure enough, it is the build sheet for my 'Cuda.

Am I lucky or what?  And the condition looks very good to me. I believe this guy is an awesome person for doing this.

Cheers!
Mickm

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That's great news! Made your day I bet.
Sheldon

LinceCuda

B54SPEED

Congrats on the great news ! Not sure i could trust the snail mail with it. I would have to road trip for it. 

1 Wild R/T

Spikedog08

That's pretty cool!  Not many have that . . I know I don't for either car.   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

That is beyond cool.  What a great feeling to put that rare document back with the car.  So happy for ya!   :veryexcited:

benlavigne

So cool of the guy to take the time to send this to you! The build sheet was what made me decide to buy my car, the guy did not even remember he had it when I first looked at the car and passed then....
This is another great feature of our Mopars, with the fender tags. Brand X guys say we are too numbers-obsessed, but they are just jealous! Personally I love being able to do the detective work for the fun of it, not to criticize!

Ben

HP_Cuda

Wow that is awesome, now go put it in a protective sheet!!!

Score!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

6bblgt

:ohyeah:

EXPORT ordered car delivered stateside - do you know any of its history?

Chryco Psycho

Congrats , definatly nice to have that  for your car !!

Mickm

I  don't know any history but would like to and do plan to try. I didn't know it was an export, that is very interesting.
Cheers!
Mickm

1 Wild R/T

It is & isn't an export... It was ordered overseas which qualifies it & codes it as an export... But it was delivered state side.... Normally thats a serviceman ordering through the base exchange & he picks up his new car when he returns to the US.... Often Vietnam but could've been anywhere the US Military has troops.... My dad picked up his new Chrysler in Bayonne NJ when we returned from Adana Turkey...

Rev-It-Up

That is just awesome! Nicely played by the PO...class act!
Rev-It-Up