Main Menu

Seen some rare stuff this week.

Started by Stein, October 14, 2017, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Stein

Went on a three day cruze with some mopar buddys this week and got to check out some really rare cars. 1970 hemi challenger convertible,  1971 shaker hood hemi challenger, four superbirds, unrestored AAR, and the list goes on.
[/img][/img][/img] 

FlatlandTA

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:   :takealook:   :unbelievable:   :lookatthat:   :unbelievable:   :takealook:   :bradsthumb:   :banana:   :veryexcited:

autoxcuda

??

How many purple Hemi challenger conv are there?

I remember the two Rene Desile owned from a mopar magazine featuring both cars.

There was a purple one with a fake vin in TN, KY or something. Not saying that this is fake, but just seems off my radar. I don't follow back them they close.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

cuda hunter

Sounds like an awesome weekend!  Please tell us more ...
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

That Hemi Challenger convertible VIN is NOT on the list of 12 known to exist ....is it ?  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on October 14, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
That Hemi Challenger convertible VIN is NOT on the list of 12 known to exist ....is it ?  :thinking:

yes, it's a known car - was advertised for sale (maybe even on eBay?) about a year ago

autoxcuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 14, 2017, 11:31:08 PM

yes, it's a known car - was advertised for sale (maybe even on eBay?) about a year ago

Ok very cool!!!

Dan, do you remember that  one years ago that was purple in KY, TN that a guy came in moparts saying he had found it. Think it had an old fake or mistake VIN tag?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 14, 2017, 11:40:56 PM

Ok very cool!!!

Dan, do you remember that  one years ago that was purple in KY, TN that a guy came in moparts saying he had found it. Think it had an old fake or mistake VIN tag?

the original engine for this car has quite a "story" but I don't recall any recent "fake" HEMI R/T 'vert findings  :dunno:

Topcat

Any of them members here?

Do they know of here?

Did you mention here?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

I was just looking at the list of VINS in the back of the 2015 MCACN book.....but I guess it's just another typo, because that exact number is not on that list. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Stein

Super great people, opened up their shop and parents garage and basement so we  could see all of their collections.  :banana: :banana: :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Awesome , a Real Midnight Ex too !  :twothumbsup: